Should Fedor copy DC's move to 205?

Der Ulrich

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I mean, Fedor might be a bit taller, a little bit, but DC and him seem to be the same size as far as volume goes. Hell, DC might be a little bigger.

DC looks like a killer machine at 205, so imagine what Fedor would look like....

It seems idiotic to me at this point not to move down, seriously.

DC looks like a killer machine at 205, so imagine what Fedor would look like....

He looked as good at hw. His legacy is certainly better at hw. At lhw he lost to Jones, beat Rumble. That's great and all, but it's not enough to say he's a killer machine at that particular weight.

He's been looking far too thick lately to make LHW. Especially since he wants to fight sometime in December or so. Also wouldn't hold a distinct speed advantage anymore.

No. Fedor started losing fights at HW when his speed advantage began to dissipate. LHW would exacerbate that problem, and dump Fedor into a deeper talent pool than he ever dealt with even in Pride's HW division.

I think the competition is better for him at HW, a lot of fighters his age.

yes please so Jon Jones can have Fedor in his win-streak record, thereby cementing him even further in GOATness

No. Fedor started losing fights at HW when his speed advantage began to dissipate. LHW would exacerbate that problem, and dump Fedor into a deeper talent pool than he ever dealt with even in Pride's HW division.

LOL @ this deeper talent pool...

Apart from Jones, DC, and Gus/Rumble LHW isn't that strong atm..

It's filled with declining/aging fighters and people who wouldn't have been in the top 10 some years ago

The top 10 guys save the top 3-4, would get wrecked by the HW top ten

Too old. He'd be better off staying at HW at this point. The cut might take too much out of him.

LOL @ this deeper talent pool...

Apart from Jones, DC, and Gus/Rumble LHW isn't that strong atm..

It's filled with declining fighters and people who wouldn't have been in the top 10 some years ago

True! 205 gets too much credit along with the HW's that get too little...

He looked as good at hw. His legacy is certainly better at hw. At lhw he lost to Jones, beat Rumble. That's great and all, but it's not enough to say he's a killer machine at that particular weight.
He's a killer PERIOD

I sure hope he sticks to heavyweight. I am far more interested in potential fights in that weight class.

Let's see how he does at HW first.

Fedor never fought in LHW why would he start at the end of his carrer

Yes, Fedor Vs. Black Fedor. Winner gets Johnny Bones in his return fight.

Back