Should either Cormier or Roy get next title shot if they win their fight tonight?

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok so what do you say?

Last edited:
If Roy beats Cormier, Werdum will still get the next shot. Nelson would need one more win against either Barnett or Browne.

If cain retains i want to see cain werdum

If Jds wins it back and cormier wins i want to see Jds vs Cormier

Roy? You gotta be kidding dude. Even DC would be a joke.

If JDS and Cormier wins, it's them next.

If JDS loses and Cormier wins, Cormier goes to LHW.

If Roy wins, Werdum is next.

Roy? on a one fight win streak and after getting his ass handed to him by Miocic? are you drunk?

Roy? on a one fight win streak and after getting his ass handed to him by Miocic? are you drunk?

Brock Lesnar was on a 1 fight win streak you might have forgotten...that's how matchmaking works here...1 fight win streak is okay! Hey I'm just saying because it has happened before if the guy looks exciting ...

Roy x Barnett/Browne if JDS wins.
Werdum if Cain wins.
Cormier will move down, it doesn't matter the outcome of Cain/JDS

No.

Cormier maybe, if JDS wins also. Otherwise, he's going to LHW to beat up Jon Jones.

Roy? Hell no! He already lost to Mir and Werdum. Werdum has been waiting patiently for his shot.
Keep in mind with Roy, that he was on a two fight skid (losses to Monson and Arlovski), with another close loss to Big Ben, before he even came to TUF. Suddenly, when he arrived in the UFC, half of Sherdog started acting like he was some elite fighter. Such is the power of the Zuffa hype machine.

how so? THey are both top hw's

Roy is a top HW exactly how? he has been destroyed by every single elite fighter he has faced and is coming from a one-sided beating by Miocic.

he is not even close to a title shot.

At first I was like "are you fuckin' kidding me with this Roy Nelson shit?". Then I remembered how the ufc does things.

Thank you for reminding me why I don't watch/buy ufc ppvs and that I don't need to talk my buddies into watching the cain vs jds ppv for old times sake.

No.

Cormier maybe, if JDS wins also. Otherwise, he's going to LHW to beat up Jon Jones.

Roy? Hell no! He already lost to Mir and Werdum. Werdum has been waiting patiently for his shot.
Keep in mind with Roy, that he was on a two fight skid (losses to Monson and Arlovski), with another close loss to Big Ben, before he even came to TUF. Suddenly, when he arrived in the UFC, half of Sherdog started acting like he was some elite fighter. Such is the power of the Zuffa hype machine.

pretty sure people felt this way after he beat KIMBO SLICE on the TUF show..

Imo Jones Should fight Gus after Glover if they each win their next fights in impressive fashion. Cormier Should get the winner of Chael vs Rashad or Lil Nog while he waits

pretty sure people felt this way after he beat KIMBO SLICE on the TUF show..

Ok, that was fun to watch and all, but I was shocked at how many people on here were picking Roy to beat JDS by GnP stoppage way back when.

Now, after all his losses to the bigshots of the division, people still want him to fight for the title?

Of course there is the myth that he would have beaten Arlovski if not for a standup in R1. Sure, I also disagree with standups from side control (which have also occurred in the UFC before, in addition to what Rogan calls the corrupt Elite XC organization).
The standup occurred in R1. Roy was gassed and Arlovski was taking over for the rest of that round. 2 rounds to go and Roy has no chance and is running away at the beginning of R2. Arlosvki drops him and the stoppage happens. There is NO WAY Roy was going to win this fight, standup or not. Go and watch it people, don't quote Joe Rogan.

Cormier I could see.. But stipe miocic is more deserving of a title shot than Roy.

Cormier will drop to 205 win or lose.
He's already on his way.

And win or lose, he'll have to fight a top contender before he can get to Jones.
Maybe Mousasi for N

Last edited:
Back