Opinion Should Donald Trump fire Anthony Fauci?

There's a million ways to die. This thing isn't nearly as dangerous as the hysterical types are making it out to be.

It's not? 0.17% of the total population of NYC has died due to COVID in 3 months with serious isolation measures.

You are another poster who feels like you get to take credit for isolation measures to make a claim that the virus isn't that dangerous. You don't get to take that credit. That credit gets placed on the number of people saved, how slow the virus spreads.

If you take away isolation measures, the virus spreads uncontrolled and hospitals get overrun. You can't dispute this as it has happened many times in different countries. Hospitals get overrun and your death toll increases.

Fauci isn't taking orders from Trump.
Fauci is employed by the Federal government is he not? If Fauci has some hidden agenda as you are making out, what is it? If Fauci wants to keep his job then he would tow the line of the Administration.

I'm kinda confused? Are you using a article that states Gilead made a drug that reduces HIV infections as a way to discredit Fauci and big Pharma?

He's just a Trump shit funnel. He will funnel fake news non-stop if it makes Trump right. He has no concern over accuracy or truthfulness of the shit he's posting.

Agree. The press wants him to say things that are not his domain and when he doesn't say what they want, they just present a portion of what he said. He's almost too professional for the role he's in, I guess. I get presenting the facts, but when you're addressing a nation in fear, there's nothing wrong with presenting the best and worse case scenario. Not just the worst.

I think that by not being a politician, he's not expecting people to twist everything he says. At least not at the beginning, by now he's probably very aware of how this goes. He's probably genuinely surprised and annoyed by how inaccurate his words are portrayed at times.

For example, look at this quote from March. This is from an NPR article that actually contained all the necessary details, because NPR is a high quality source. But I'm sure you remember bits and pieces of this being reported by lots of other sources, leaving out pretty damn valuable information.

He says:
- They are using modeling for a prediction, and that the "middle of the road" prediction is 100-200,000 (Astonishingly, the model was dead ass accurate there, because it certainly looks like we're going to end up right in that range)

- To calm people's nerves who are seeing the modeling, he makes sure to say that the high-ends of the modeling (those in the millions) are "almost certainly off the charts", and highly unlikely.

- He goes even further to say that we should not even put that much emphasis on these estimates because they could easily turn out inaccurate and mislead people. To me, that's a very honest and humble message to send. Admitting that no expert can actually predict these things with an absolute degree of certainty is something that is very important for people to know.

Here's a short portion of it from NPR:
Dr. Anthony Fauci said based on modeling of the current pace of the coronavirus' spread in the U.S., "between 100,000 and 200,000" people may die from COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
Fauci said the 100,000-to-200,000 death figure is a middle-of-the-road estimate, much lower than worse-case-scenario predictions.

He said preparing for 1 million to 2 million Americans to die from the coronavirus is "almost certainly off the chart," adding: "Now it's not impossible, but very, very unlikely."

However, Fauci cautioned people not to put too much emphasis on predictions, noting that "it's such a moving target that you could so easily be wrong and mislead people."

What we do know, he says, is that "we've got a serious problem in New York, we've got a serious problem in New Orleans and we're going to have serious problems in other areas."
https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...-000-americans-could-die-from-the-coronavirus

But after those quotes, the media ran a bunch of headlines about the potential death toll, and very few of them included his quotes about how unlikely the highest estimates are, how difficult these things are to predict, how inaccurate it could turn out to be, and that our focus should not be on these estimates.

A good portion of the media has done a truly shit job of relaying his messages with any fidelity. Honestly, it seemed like a lot of the media heard him say that, and literally did the exact opposite by focusing very heavily on the estimates that he said should not be the emphasis.

Is that right? Most of our infections and death up here in Maine have been in nursing homes and assisted care facilities as well.
Quebec as well. It's cesspool of death and disease in these places.

I'm kinda confused? Are you using a article that states Gilead made a drug that reduces HIV infections as a way to discredit Fauci and big Pharma?
Our government, help pay for the research for a big corp to profit for a very expensive drug, far from the vaccination he was touting, and never achieved. No vaccination even though he could isolate the virus....... yet a $1000 a month drug to treat forever, big seal of approval.

Mr Swamp did the same with Remdesivir, and had no interest in paying for the more effective HCQ.

it's funny and scary how easily the masses are influenced and directed like puppets .. the minute they say it, everyone does it like good little sheep .. like they're programmed to take orders and follow them whatever they may be ..

just like that everyone and their mother has a mask on everywhere you go .. I saw this young guy walking down the side walk all by himself with his face completely covered .. I kinda cringed and felt stupid for him .. I bet if they told you that you had to wear one of those hazmat suits or you risk death when you go out, you'd see people popping up wearing those at the stores
Yeah bruh, whenever I fly for travel, I always feel bad too when the sheep all reach for their phones at once and set their phones to airplane mode. We’ve flown plenty of times with our data on to know the pilot is just keeping the sheep in a constant state of obedience

Our government, help pay for the research for a big corp to profit for a very expensive drug, far from the vaccination he was touting, and never achieved. No vaccination even though he could isolate the virus....... yet a $1000 a month drug to treat forever, big seal of approval.

Mr Swamp did the same with Remdesivir, and had no interest in paying for the more effective HCQ.

You do realize that HIV is an autoimmune disease? You do understand how vaccines work?

Do you know how HIV works?
I do but you seem not to understand how a Autoimmune disease is different than a respiratory virus and the difficulties developing a vaccine or that HIV hides in DNA until triggered to become aids.

I’m not surprised you haven’t done any research into why there isnt a HIV vaccine and that you’ll just take Russian troll FB posts as gospel.

I do but you seem not to understand how a Autoimmune disease is different than a respiratory virus and the difficulties developing a vaccine or that HIV hides in DNA until triggered to become aids.

I’m not surprised you haven’t done any research into why there isnt a HIV vaccine and that you’ll just take Russian troll FB posts as gospel.
How do you know all of this about me?

amazing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he fires Fauci and then pushes for a former Big Pharma doc to fill his role and watch the right go through another soul selling event.

Well, here we are, Trump names Big Pharma to lead vaccine development and not the federal government. We know the best interests of the American people will be front and center.

Very deranged, dark, sad people.

Its just so strange to take issue with "globalist elites" enriching themselves and saying its being done through this pandemic, and not the economic system.

Also I still have yet to hear a solid definition of what "globalists" are.

Are they "cosmopolitans" that "don't have a home", and stir up "cultural degeneracy" wherever they find themselves? I swear I've heard this before...

I think its code for Joo or lizard person.

Or both.

Back