Opinion Should Donald Trump fire Anthony Fauci?

Hooooly shit.

I sincerely hope that you're trolling and not this stupid. Fauci is a third generation immigrant who has served under four Republicans and two Democrats and has never practiced (or, to my knowledge, done substantial business) outside the United States. Meanwhile, the buffoon you are taking cues from is a trust fund billionaire with huge amounts of business dealings (including substantial real estate and hotels) in and with Saudi Arabia, China, Israel, Russia, Turkey, India, the Philippines, and all over Europe.

How in the utter fuck do you conclude Fauci is the globalist but Trump is the anti-globalist.
He watched a youtube video titled Get Woke, Trump is fighting the Globalist. The graphics was Lit, and as you know everything on Youtube is true because nobody has an agenda.

The problem with Fauci is that he's always a "worst case scenario" guy and the press tends to mislead with some statements he makes. He tells you basically how its going to go if everything goes wrong. I get it, but I think it makes him an easy target for media that wants the people to think what they tell them to.

The problem with Fauci is that he's always a "worst case scenario" guy and the press tends to mislead with some statements he makes. He tells you basically how its going to go if everything goes wrong. I get it, but I think it makes him an easy target for media that wants the people to think what they tell them to.

LOL. Urging caution isn't being some worst scenario pessimist. People like him tell you the worst case, and steps to avoid it. The administration has, at every turn, ignored the advice of public health officials. Burying reports, pushing miracles cures, doing jack shit with orders to manufacture millions of masks, and setting up a pirate system for medical supplies to be price gouged to the states.

It isn't the media doing any of this, and from what I've seen the mainstream channels aren't just going with the doom and gloom, but bringing up the worst case AND showing how Trump admin actions are handicapping our response.

LOL. Urging caution isn't being some worst scenario pessimist. People like him tell you the worst case, and steps to avoid it. The administration has, at every turn, ignored the advice of public health officials. Burying reports, pushing miracles cures, doing jack shit with orders to manufacture millions of masks, and setting up a pirate system for medical supplies to be price gouged to the states.

It isn't the media doing any of this, and from what I've seen the mainstream channels aren't just going with the doom and gloom, but bringing up the worst case AND showing how Trump admin actions are handicapping our response.
You misunderstand. I don't fault him for doing what he does. I just don't think he's the best guy on camera because he offers no comfort to anyone. He's the guy I want working behind the scenes, helping to make the decisions but not really the guy I want telling me about it. He paints too bleak a picture and I think the press uses him for that.

You misunderstand. I don't fault him for doing what he does. I just don't think he's the best guy on camera because he offers no comfort to anyone. He's the guy I want working behind the scenes, helping to make the decisions but not really the guy I want telling me about it. He paints too bleak a picture and I think the press uses him for that.

If you don't want an expert like him telling you the facts of the situation, who are you going to rely upon, Trump? Best he can do is to say it's a disappear with miracles, blame China and push bullshit treatments like hydroxy-chloroquine and disinfectant flushings (LOL).

And maybe Fauci could be doing his work behind the scenes if he didn't have to spend so much of his time the last few months spending 2-3 hours in prep for the charade "press briefings" every day, then having to stand there and contradict disinformation by the President, sometimes over the period of hours on air.

If you don't want an expert like him telling you the facts of the situation, who are you going to rely upon, Trump? Best he can do is to say it's a disappear with miracles, blame China and push bullshit treatments like hydroxy-chloroquine and disinfectant flushings (LOL).

And maybe Fauci could be doing his work behind the scenes if he didn't have to spend so much of his time the last few months spending 2-3 hours in prep for the charade "press briefings" every day, then having to stand there and contradict disinformation by the President, sometimes over the period of hours on air.

Hydroxycholoroquine wasn't a "bullshit treatment". It was what was being tested at that point in other countries and Trump said from the start "it may work, it may not." The disinfectant thing was horse shit, you know it was horse shit and I'm not going to dignify that "gotcha" nonsense. You sort of prove exactly what I'm getting at by repeating that narrative. The press is looking to twist things into something that people like you just accept even though you know its not quite right because it benefits your side.
Thats what I see with Fauci. I hear him say "if this, if that, if we do this..." but when you hear it reported later, the "if" is always left out. Like yesterday, he was saying if states open up and ignore the guidelines, it could be a disaster. But you saw how the press reported that. "Fauci predicts disaster." Well, he didn't really. He said that was the worst case scenario.

Hydroxycholoroquine wasn't a "bullshit treatment". It was what was being tested at that point in other countries and Trump said from the start "it may work, it may not." The disinfectant thing was horse shit, you know it was horse shit and I'm not going to dignify that "gotcha" nonsense. You sort of prove exactly what I'm getting at by repeating that narrative. The press is looking to twist things into something that people like you just accept even though you know its not quite right because it benefits your side.
Thats what I see with Fauci. I hear him say "if this, if that, if we do this..." but when you hear it reported later, the "if" is always left out. Like yesterday, he was saying if states open up and ignore the guidelines, it could be a disaster. But you saw how the press reported that. "Fauci predicts disaster." Well, he didn't really. He said that was the worst case scenario.

Trump pushed the treatment well after serious doubts were being cast by medical professionals. He literally said it couldn't hurt you, and that you have nothing to lose, despite having more experts available to him than any other leader on Earth.

The disinfectant thing isn't horseshit. He's an abject moron, and he thought, since he's a retard, that you could take disinfectants and use them internally. He asked his medical professionals about this on air while they looked at him like the retard he is.

Anything to defend this idiot.

Trump pushed the treatment well after serious doubts were being cast by medical professionals. He literally said it couldn't hurt you, and that you have nothing to lose, despite having more experts available to him than any other leader on Earth.

The disinfectant thing isn't horseshit. He's an abject moron, and he thought, since he's a retard, that you could take disinfectants and use them internally. He asked his medical professionals about this on air while they looked at him like the retard he is.

Anything to defend this idiot.
Other countries were using hydroxychloroquine and what he said was that we already know its side effects.
This disinfectant thing IS horse shit and you know it is. I may disagree with much of what you say but I don't believe you are stupid enough that you misinterpreted his statement the way CNN told you to. You're just repeating a silently agreed on BS narrative.

Other countries were using hydroxychloroquine and what he said was that we already know its side effects.
This disinfectant thing IS horse shit and you know it is. I may disagree with much of what you say but I don't believe you are stupid enough that you misinterpreted his statement the way CNN told you to. You're just repeating a silently agreed on BS narrative.

He said it couldn't hurt you. That is not a display of recognition in regards to it's side effects.

You have yet to provide an argument about the disinfectant comments he made. He, on air, asked his medical professionals about using disinfectant internally. No spin, just him on camera, clear as day, in all of his idiocy.

Where is the misrepresentation of what he clearly said, and misunderstood on the level of a dull child?

Where is the spin, homie????? Or are you just defending an idiot out of reflex?

Let's just say they fire him because we got a bunch of crackpot conservatives here who believe he's in with big business. That's fine. But what will exactly change with the next guy they put in charge?

These people literally don't understand this without these measures, at least for a period of time, a million people would be dead, and our healthcare system completely broken (except healthcare for polticians of course)
I think the measures in the US are not as good as in Europe, especially in Central and East part of the EU (not of Europe). Not even close. So both Trump and Fauci butchers must leave!

Let's just say they fire him because we got a bunch of crackpot conservatives here who believe he's in with big business. That's fine. But what will exactly change with the next guy they put in charge?
If we replace him, the virus will go away.

I 100% believe Trump would like to fire Fauci as some time ago Fauci, without intending to nor with political aim, became the name and face people associated with leadership, direction, and action in this crisis thanks a vacancy in that role and there's few things Trump seems to dislike more than not being seen as top dog.

The press conferences haven't been great looks for Trump and have recently kind of bottomed out with the disinfectant babble and that reporter making him tap out and storm away was a sign of weakness when he should be up there laying out the man. That shit might have been cute when things weren't so serious but Trump sees that people are tuning him out tuning in when Fauci speaks because they see him as the man with the plan.

But in the end I don't think Trump will fire Fauci because of the backlash it would bring from voters.

didn't the brilliant dr. fauci completely downplay this thing back in jan/feb ?

it's funny and scary how easily the masses are influenced and directed like puppets .. the minute they say it, everyone does it like good little sheep .. like they're programmed to take orders and follow them whatever they may be ..

just like that everyone and their mother has a mask on everywhere you go .. I saw this young guy walking down the side walk all by himself with his face completely covered .. I kinda cringed and felt stupid for him .. I bet if they told you that you had to wear one of those hazmat suits or you risk death when you go out, you'd see people popping up wearing those at the stores

I just think people have misunderstood his role. Fauci is not a politician at all, he's a Doctor. His job here is to diagnose a public health problem, and prescribe a solution. He doesn't force that decision on Trump, or claim it's the only perspective that exists, he just advises based on the best available scientific data. He does not advise on economic matters, because that's not his expertise, and there is somebody else to do that.

He's been popular throughout this process because he is a direct line to scientific facts, in a sea of political nonsense. But that is also the reason why some Trump supporters and conspiracy theorists turned on him so early in the process. It all started when he pumped the breaks on Trump's praising of Hydroxychloroquine. People are so accustomed to being partisan that they actually perceived this as a political move on Fauci's end, which is so incredibly moronic that it's almost disheartening to see. It has absolutely nothing to do with politics. Fauci would never tout a drug designed to treat a different illness just based on word of mouth that had not gone through clinical trials, because that's so specifically antithetical to what he does for a living. When you're the Director of NIAID, you can't be a guy who just wings it.

The next guy will say what TRump wants. The base will credit Trump for his insight and he will get the credit/adulation that he desires.

BTW, I hope that people realize this. Trump says/does what he wants and floods the media with "experts" who will agree with him. This lets him look prescient because the experts "agree" with him. To the superficial, they eat this up. Trump says X, hand-picked expert says X. Trumps claims brilliance in the short term. 9 months later, short term prediction turns out to be completely wrong but Trump doesn't care because the short term media bump was all he was looking for.

He then rides these short term popularity bumps as long as possible. Engineering them one after another while pushing the long term failures under the rug.

It's almost the parallel to his private sector career.

I just think people have misunderstood his role. Fauci is not a politician at all, he's a Doctor. His job here is to diagnose a public health problem, and prescribe a solution. He doesn't force that decision on Trump, or claim it's the only perspective that exists, he just advises based on the best available scientific data. He does not advise on economic matters, because that's not his expertise, and there is somebody else to do that.

He's been popular throughout this process because he is a direct line to scientific facts, in a sea of political nonsense. But that is also the reason why some Trump supporters and conspiracy theorists turned on him so early in the process. It all started when he pumped the breaks on Trump's praising of Hydroxychloroquine. People are so accustomed to being partisan that they actually perceived this as a political move on Fauci's end, which is so incredibly moronic that it's almost disheartening to see. It has absolutely nothing to do with politics. Fauci would never tout a drug designed to treat a different illness just based on word of mouth that had not gone through clinical trials, because that's so specifically antithetical to what he does for a living. When you're the Director of NIAID, you can't be a guy who just wings it.
Agree. The press wants him to say things that are not his domain and when he doesn't say what they want, they just present a portion of what he said. He's almost too professional for the role he's in, I guess. I get presenting the facts, but when you're addressing a nation in fear, there's nothing wrong with presenting the best and worse case scenario. Not just the worst.

84000 dead in the U.S. in under three months, but yeah, this is totally the same.

Yeah, because people only die because of Corona now.

What does the number look like if California, New York, and New Jersey don't ORDER nursing home facilities to be infected by forcing infected patients in them?

Liberal states ordered the deaths of our most vulnerable and then blame Trump.

Back