Should Del Rosario Retire?(

any of those gys in car accidents?

Nope

You do realize that the commissions also have doctors right? Fighters are medically cleared now. If he wasn't fit to fight, he wouldn't be fighting. Your not watching a backyard brawl on youtube.

This guy is an ancient myth by now, but i'll tell you a story about a fighter named Frank Mir. This guy got in to a bad wreck. Fucked him up. Fast forward 100 years in to the future and his last fight was fighting for a championship belt. Someone probably (like you) said he should retire.

Look I don't care how you spin and what excuses you use, your fighting an uphill battle. Ships sinking. Bail on it. No one in their right mind can agree with this. It is mentally impossible.

I think he is not the same and will never be. I know he virtually retired after the car accident so maybe its time for the real thing

Sad..really sad in my mind

Not saying Rosario is a top contender but I didn't think he would lose to Barry. That's two fights coming off the car accident and injury and his cardio's looked awful and he faded badly, in not even abnormally fast paced fights either.

He's a skilled fighter but he looked like a D-level fighter out there, I think something's up for sure.

He looked alright in the 1st, but Pat just unloaded in the 2nd. I wouldn't say I'd like to see him retire.

he looked pretty gassed after the 1st to me and barry made him pay...thought SDR would get the sub but that damn sure didnt happen but i guess the alternative to SDR by sub was likely Barry by KO...those are the only 2 ways i saw this fight ending...id love to see pat barry vs mark hunt somewhere down the line

Hes in a Mir-esque post accident skid

This about sums it up. Mir looked like shit for a little while after his accident but eventually got his shit together again. This kid seemed to have great potential before his accident. I'd like to see him get a few more fights to see if he can pull it together again. Put him up against Mitrione next and see how he does.

Then you don't know what is lol. He looked fine during grappling and coming out in the 2nd round.

dude youre bugging...SDR looked pretty gassed coming out in the 2nd...it was very noticeable...str8 up slow reaction time and barry leveled him...it doesnt take anything away from barrys win...

If thats not gassed i dont no what is

His shit was on E

dude youre bugging...SDR looked pretty gassed coming out in the 2nd...it was very noticeable...str8 up slow reaction time and barry leveled him...it doesnt take anything away from barrys win...

I didn't think that. Pat looked just as tired IMO. They looked like HW's in the 2nd round lol.

I didn't think that. Pat looked just as tired IMO. They looked like HW's in the 2nd round lol.

SDR was gassed and Barry wasn't, it was clear as day. You could hear the guy huffing and puffing loud as fuck the first time they clinched up, after that everything he did just became progressively slower and more telegraphed. It's what prevented him from taking advantage of his superior ground game when he got Barry down, he was just hanging on and going for sloppy armbars.

That combo from Barry wold have put anyone out, that's all there is to it.

I don't think he should retire.

He wasn't already gassed Barry never would have gone for the kill in the first place. I know everybody loves Barry but he is pretty passive for a renowned striker.

Rosario just didn't look in fight shape. I think he needs to start training as soon as he's cleared medically and get another fight as soon as he can.

Del Rossario fell into the same rut as Mir after his accident. Shane was such a top HW prospect in SF even put ahead of Cormier in the beginning. Its a shame what happened to him, maybe he can pick himself up like Mir eventually did but I dont kno if the UFC is gonna give him the opportunity. Hopefully they dont cut him.

Threads asking if certain fighters should retire are annoying and this one is pretty bad.

You're crazy. SDR was gassed after a minute into the first round, which he spent leaning on Barry.

I don't know what the hell you are talking about, he wasn't gassed.

Is this thread full of loonie people? SDR was kicking Barry's ass, then he got caught coming out into the 2nd round. Shit happens

Two things happened, 1) car accident, 2) step-up in competition.

Give him one more go, Morecraft will do nicely, if he loses that he's cut I'm afraid.

His stand up looks great. His body kicks look crisp and has a snap to it. He needs to address his conditioning problems. I'll give him a pass, it obviously looks like his car crash did a toll on him. Go to physical therapy and strengthen up for a bit.

Maybe build some momentum by fighting a couple lower tiered fighters.

But DEFINITELY not retire to answer the question.

Back