Should DC petition for a "No contest" at this point?

No, unless something happens with the in-competition tests, obviously (in which case I would hope he wouldn't be the one to have to do anything about it).

At this point, I think the best thing DC can do is sit back, say he's going to work hard to get back to the top, and wish Jones well in his "recovery." He can come out looking really well, and can get right back into the title mix, especially if Jones is out for any sort of lengthy time. And he'll also be in the UFC's good graces.

Another thing I wonder about:

Was DC informed of the positive drug test and the T/E ratio abnormalities prior to the fight? It seems to me that he should have been informed in order to make a decision regarding it. I'm not a fighter but personally I would at the very least once some more in-depth testing prior to the fight at the very least. I would not want to fight someone on cocaine or whom is probably using masking agents.

Doubtful, as it doesn't seem like Jones was even informed about his own test results prior to the fight.

seriously, you guys are a shame to Daniel Cormier.

Take your butthurt somewhere you don't drag his name through the mud. DC would never do this, not only because it is 100% doomed to fail gloriously and has no basis, but because he isn't a loser like you haters are even in defeat.

there is reason to suspect something strange is going on with Jones' hormone levels. And if he is caught for PED use DC won't have to do anything, the fight will be a NC and Jones will be disgraced as he should be. But you seriously need to get over the coke, it's not a big deal and had no effect on the fight.

Three tests with hormone abnormalities? Yes at this point the fight should be declared a NC unless Bones can offer a convincing explanation.

Personally I view this as pretty compelling evidence of PED use. Can't see another credible explanation beyond alien abduction/experimentation.

How did I ever change what I said?

You can admit you lost, and still make excuses for why you lost.

Saying he "didn't fight to his potential" is an excuse. If all he had said was that Jones was the better man and he will come back stronger, that would be accepting his loss and not making any excuses.

Are you mental?

But that's exactly what he said. You literally just said it would be okay if he said he will COME BACK STRONGER. That's what he said. Do you not know what potential is? Potential isn't what you did in the moment, it's what you're capable of. If you listened to his post fight interviews, that's what he said. Then when people asked him what he took out of the fight and he said where he could improve, you claimed those were excuses.

He passed the drug tests that are required. A test offseason for metabolites that aren't bad= not an issue. So stop your crying you vags

But that's exactly what he said. You literally just said it would be okay if he said he will COME BACK STRONGER. That's what he said. Do you not know what potential is? Potential isn't what you did in the moment, it's what you're capable of. If you listened to his post fight interviews, that's what he said. Then when people asked him what he took out of the fight and he said where he could improve, you claimed those were excuses.

Look bro, it's pretty obvious you do not know what an excuse is.

How did I ever change what I said?

You can admit you lost, and still make excuses for why you lost.

Saying he "didn't fight to his potential" is an excuse. If all he had said was that Jones was the better man and he will come back stronger, that would be accepting his loss and not making any excuses.

Are you mental?

Giving a reason as to why you didn't do as well as you could have is always seen as an excuse, some excuses are just better than others.

DC has already admitted to losing the fight.

This would just come off as extremely butthurt.

If the post-fight drug tests come back positive, the fight will be an NC.

If the post fight tests come back normal, should we dismiss the suspicious t/e levels from the earlier tests?

I can see why DC would want to appeal to force an deeper investigation into these December tests and why the red flags raised by those tests were not followed up.

If, and I do mean if, Jones was using PEDs and this was partly brought to light well prior to the fight, then that looks very bad for both the UFC and the AC.

Doubtful, as it doesn't seem like Jones was even informed about his own test results prior to the fight.

Well if DC were informed I am inclined to think that he would be demanding more testing as a result of the circumstances. And I would think that is reasonable. Wouldn't you if you were clean and fighting for the belt against someone who was confirmed to be on cocaine and with strange hormonal readings? So this brings up another issue I think.

If the post fight tests come back normal, should we dismiss the suspicious t/e levels from the earlier tests?

I can see why DC would want to appeal to force an deeper investigation into these December tests and why the red flags raised by those tests were not followed up.

If, and I do mean if, Jones was using PEDs and this was partly brought to light well prior to the fight, then that looks very bad for both the UFC and the AC.

Is there a lower level pursuant to which T:E is considered a failed test? I mean, we know that 4:1 (or 6:1) is considered a failed test. Is there a regulation for when the E is higher?

Yes. The T/E ratio is proof he was using Steroids and masking agents. No other logical explanation for it

I thought about this for a little while. Especially when he said he wanted to go interact with the fans before the fight because he felt "off." My only thing is, I thought that once they enter that arena on fight night, they have someone from the AC or UFC following them around the whole time, watching them like a hawk. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Yeah it's very common for fighters/pro athletes to do coke right before competition. Jones said he felt 'off' and DC said that he couldn't say enough about Jones mindset inside the cage. But even if none of that was said, I would still believe he had a bump before he walked out to the cage that night. I also believe he used it throughout his training camp and for it to really work best in the fight coming up, you need to do it right before the fight to put you in that mindset. Like ADD meds, you take it to study but you need to take it right before you take the exam as well. Why no one is talking about this is beyond me. I have no problem with Jones doing drugs and I'm against people bashing him for it because that's his business. But doing coke or any other type of PED during your training camp? I'm completely against that. Most people that do coke always pass the drug tests. Jones just got unlucky. That's another thing I'm surprised no one is talking about.

Another thing I wonder about:

Was DC informed of the positive drug test and the T/E ratio abnormalities prior to the fight? It seems to me that he should have been informed in order to make a decision regarding it. I'm not a fighter but personally I would at the very least want some more in-depth testing prior to the fight. I would not want to fight someone on cocaine or whom is probably using masking agents.

Superb point. Could be argued that the NSAC and UFC unilaterally decided that DC would have to take the risk of sustaining brain damage from a potential PED user. DC doesn't get a say in this, or even informed of the evidence. Denied the ability to make a decision based on his own well being.

If the fight had resulted in serious injury to DC, he would now be owed tens to hundreds of millions of dollars by the state of Nevada and Zuffa as a result of a lawsuit.

This is the best perspective I have yet heard on this. DC 'didn't need to know'. About the coke, fair enough. But not three abnormal hormone results? OF COURSE he had a right to know when engaging in unarmed combat with a man who had given THREE major red flags for PED usage.

Lol, I think it's funny when people make posts like this. You obviously don't know what an excuse is, the other guy clearly does.

How is saying that he didn't fight to his potential not an excuse?

Also, you had already agreed with me:

Giving a reason as to why you didn't do as well as you could have is always seen as an excuse, some excuses are just better than others.

Let's see if he gets the lifetime ban or not first.

I think it's widely accepted that the results of this fight will be overturned, barring serious corruption

Widely accepted by whom?
Detractors who want to use theories and hypotheticals as proof to beat Down a guy they hate?

If it(post fight test) comes back positive then A ok.
Else everyone needs to shut up.

Every major cash cow including reem had gotten popped for PEDS . No one's protecting Jones.
There is no conspiracy here.

The ones using conspiracy theories are the losers who feel cheated out of an opportunity to have Jones booted by hook or crook.

Again, #2 is just speculation, the fact is his results were still clean for PEDs. I think the only basis he would have is #3.

I don't think he should, but I do believe it should be a NC.

Well if DC were informed I am inclined to think that he would be demanding more testing as a result of the circumstances. And I would think that is reasonable. Wouldn't you if you were clean and fighting for the belt against someone who was confirmed to be on cocaine and with strange hormonal readings? So this brings up another issue I think.

If I'm Jones' opponent and I find out about the T:E stuff before the fight, I'm pushing for the additional testing (although maybe saying "Try to get to it after the fight"). At this point, I'm probably saying, "So, Dana, you were going to hook me up with a special Reebok deal and a bonus, right?"

In the interest of full disclosure, I highly doubt I'd be clean if I was going to fight Jon Jones. :redface:

Back