Should Costa try and lose muscle?

I know he has sherdog's favorite physique but in looking at him he seems like has too much inefficient muscle on him, especially since he's primarily a striker. If he was a grappler it would make more sense to have all that extra bulk so he could overpower people but as a striker just seems to make him slower and messes with his cardio. I think with less muscle he might actually be able to get more snap on his punches and get more knockouts as well.

No he needs to learn how to block strikes. I predicted that Adesanya would finish him because he is far too easy to hit. His defence is very poor.

nope.he needs more muscle.

move to LHW and rematch Romero with no weight cut.

this will please the natty gods.

He should become an mma fighter and not a striker, this aint kickboxing and historically styles like adesanya get raped in mma by wrestlers, he cant be protected by dana for long anyways.

I think he's fine the way he is. He just has to fight his fight. He didn't go out there and fight his style. Which got him there in the first place. His game plan is a joke, you don't go to the big dance and do other dance moves that didn't get you there. Dance the way you dance.

And if he got knocked out doing what he was suppose to do. Than so be it, at least you won't have regrets.

The way hes built as a middle, that actually wouldnt be such a bad idea. He fights someone like izz ,that lactic acid is a bitch as every minute passes. He could shed a little and be even a better fighter with better gas tank.

He should become an mma fighter and not a striker, this aint kickboxing and historically styles like adesanya get raped in mma by wrestlers, he cant be protected by dana for long anyways.
Protected from who? Its not like hes ducking contenders

Do you think weighing less would have helped him against Adesanya?

I know he has sherdog's favorite physique but in looking at him he seems like has too much inefficient muscle on him, especially since he's primarily a striker. If he was a grappler it would make more sense to have all that extra bulk so he could overpower people but as a striker just seems to make him slower and messes with his cardio. I think with less muscle he might actually be able to get more snap on his punches and get more knockouts as well.
He is muscular but it is highly exaggerated. His biceps and shoulders are well developed but his short arms help to exaggerate the actual amount of muscle, and the fact that he has a fitness model look

Needs more brain muscle

He should focus more on cardio which will cause him to lose muscle.

Do you think weighing less would have helped him against Adesanya?
Certainly, the main reason he fought with that horrible gameplan in the first place is because he was worried about his cardio. On top of that, being less bulky would make him quicker and better able to match adesanya’s speed, both from an offensive and defensive pov

He needs to be BIGGER. Hes at lvl 3 right now
tenor.gif

but there is 1 more level
FlawlessRewardingAmericanavocet-small.gif

149_mindchamber_altered-beast-hd_1.jpg

Back