Should Conor Mcgregor be allowed to defend both of his belts?

Conor is basically Jesus so yes he can do basically whatever he wants.

"Allowed"? He was allowed to
defend the first, but he chose
to panic wrestle & get finished instead.

Conor is choosing not to defend anything, he's barely a champion.

post-32932-Im-actually-embarrassed-for-yo-Xrvw.gif

If he could defend 3 times a year, 1 time the FW and 2 the LW (or vice versa) I wouldn't mind.

But you thinking he could go on to WW is a joke.

Technically he's been stripped...but We all know who ko'd aldo in 13 seconds...Giving a guy a title is crazy...Conor is going to keep calling himself a 2 weight division champion....whether the ufc has taken the FW belt or not...
Yes, we all know he KO'd aldo in 13 seconds. that doesn't buy you 2 years of carrying around a belt you're not defending. You expected them to hold up FW for another 10 months? at least?
Conor can call himself the Queen of England if he wants, doesn't make it so. BJ Penn still has his WW belt, doesn't make him the WW champ. If he cared about the FW belt, he had a year and 3 fights to defend it and keep it. he did fookin nuttin.

he had plenty of opportunity to defend FW.
He had better opportunities that were agreed upon by management.
He made a lot more money for the company and himself by pursuing those.
His reward was to be stripped of the title?
Why blame Conor? He played by the rules.
If you don't like the way the UFC permitted things to go down, blame them.

He had better opportunities that were agreed upon by management.
He made a lot more money for the company and himself by pursuing those.
His reward was to be stripped of the title?
Why blame Conor? He played by the rules.
If you don't like the way the UFC permitted things to go down, blame them.

UFC let him do it for sure. but you're overstating it. He most certainly did not "play by the rules", he made up his own rules and got away with it. He also was told he would need to vacate a belt, if he won LW at 205. I'm sure he didn't think they'd actually strip him ... but he was wrong. and they did. he made his decisions, money fights, 2 belts, etc. he had a great year. he also, never even fought at FW and was planing to take 10 months off on top of it. UFC is to blame for sure. but don't try and say he didn't have an opportunity to defend it, he fought 3 times, one of which was a meaningless rematch with a LW at 170.

Didn'the rescind his belt? I mean yeah he should be allowed to defend his belts if he stays active, but if he is taking off until next summer then I that's not really a timely defense. I think they took s belt to early though, Aldo and Valasquez were both given far more leeway when it came to defending. But it is what it is...

UFC let him do it for sure. but you're overstating it. He most certainly did not "play by the rules", he made up his own rules and got away with it. He also was told he would need to vacate a belt, if he won LW at 205. I'm sure he didn't think they'd actually strip him ... but he was wrong. and they did. he made his decisions, money fights, 2 belts, etc. he had a great year. he also, never even fought at FW and was planing to take 10 months off on top of it. UFC is to blame for sure. but don't try and say he didn't have an opportunity to defend it, he fought 3 times, one of which was a meaningless rematch with a LW at 170.
The UFC should have had the policy and procedures worked out long ago. There is no specific deadline for stripping someone of the title, they do it willy-nilly.
Conor was able to make his own rules only because the UFC didn't have anything in place.
In life, when you are in a position to choose between two or more opportunities, the smart person will choose the most favorable one.
You can't blame Conor for that.
I'm not defending Conor, I'm saying that you should blame those responsible.

The reason the UFC keeps things nebulous is so that they can make the better business decisions when these sorts of situations crop up.
Conor was stripped because they had a weak card.
B.J. Penn went for a second title and planned to defend both if he won, he didn't, so the UFC was faced with the possibility before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back