Should communist/Marxist orgs be banned in Universities?

That's a bit like asking should rightwing or capitalist orgs be banned in colleges/Universities. There are democratically elected Communist governments, rare as they are ; so it isn't necessarily an anti-democratic ideology. There were/are rightwing and capitalist governments in Latin America and the MidEast that are dictatorial but we don't say a rightwing or capitalist ideology is dictatorial.

The problem is when this Democratically elect communist gets into power they will be the one to censor speech and all political opposition and promote a false sense of nationalism.

I just don't get why we need to tollerate intolerant ideologies like that.

The problem is when this Democratically elect communist gets into power they will be the one to censor speech and all political opposition and promote a false sense of nationalism.

I just don't get why we need to tollerate intolerant ideologies like that.
There are 2 democratically elected Communist governments I recall, one in Africa and the other in a Southern Indian state. I don't recall the African case but the Southern Indian state had a democratically elected Communist government , which did not outlaw other parties or try to subvert the democratic process. The State (Kerala) has the highest literacy rate, comparable to 1st world nations, best universal health care in India and most equitable to women.

There are 2 democratically elected Communist governments I recall, one in Africa and the other in a Southern Indian state. I don't recall the African case but the Southern Indian state had a democratically elected Communist government , which did not outlaw other parties or try to subvert the democratic process. The State (Kerala) has the highest literacy rate, comparable to 1st world nations, best universal health care in India and most equitable to women.

And Keralla has a shitty power grid infrastructure,mandatory black outs everyday and besides those are the exceptions where they did not censor free speech and other countries, other communist countries have implemented draconian laws once they accend in Power.

I have a friend in Keralla markets there are limitted, he mentions how they need to travel to another state to buy certain things.

And the daily blackouts does not help.

And Keralla has a shitty power grid infrastructure,mandatory black outs everyday and besides those are the exceptions where they did not censor free speech and other countries, other communist countries have implemented draconian laws once they accend in Power.
But that is true for all of India non? Kerala is still better than most of India in many metrics. Well a lot of Capitalist countries also have draconian laws, eg: Saudi Arabia, Qatar . Point is : it depends on how the ideology is implemented.

But that is true for all of India non? Kerala is still better than most of India in many metrics. Well a lot of Capitalist countries also have draconian laws, eg: Saudi Arabia, Qatar . Point is : it depends on how the ideology is implemented.

I can't disagree with this statement.

You mentioned Saudi Arabia so I just want to elaborate your point that Saudi's Draconian laws is farworst than the communists.

If I will choose I rather live in a communist country than a Muslim sectarian state.

Maybe its Islam that should be banned but that is another topic.

Last edited:
If they undermine national security by proposing certain laws to be repealed like certain communists groups protesting againts millitary modernization.

Or groups that spread negative propaganda about allied countries that are capitalist while openly favoring unconstitutional trade deals with communist countries that will only benefit the communist superpower.
Are you trolling? Fuck that thoughtcrime bullshit.

No not trolling just want to have disscussion.

You should be able to talk as much shit as you want about anything as long as you aren't commanding subordinates to break the law. I don't know who would be the arbiter of what "undermines national security", but I know I wouldn't like it whoever it was, even if I got to decide.

You should be able to talk as much shit as you want about anything as long as you aren't commanding subordinates to break the law. I don't know who would be the arbiter of what "undermines national security", but I know I wouldn't like it whoever it was, even if I got to decide.

Yep one of the problems of painting a particular group i.e Commnusit is it can triger a wave of communist witch hunts

No, freedom of speech yo. Beat em with better ideas

Agreed I think this could be the best solution to the communist problems.

Shooting protesting farmers will just push more rural people to embrace a communist state.

If they undermine national security by proposing certain laws to be repealed like certain communists groups protesting againts millitary modernization.

Or groups that spread negative propaganda about allied countries that are capitalist while openly favoring unconstitutional trade deals with communist countries that will only benefit the communist superpower.

who the hell are you, Richard Nixons clone??

lol ppl still believe this nonsense?? lol jeez. shameful.

What would be the basis for such a ban? It's easy to find a reason for Nazism, but Communism, in its purest theoretical form at least, isn't advocating anything that's universally recognized as destructive and evil.

That's funny, tell that to the 20 million dead Ukrainians. That's just a start. Jeez

Most of the "nazi" stuff is based on soap and lampshades propaganda that most acknowledge didn't even happen.

Eli Wiesel admits to making shit up as do others but this cannot be discussed in European nations without being thrown in jail by Marxists.

Sure, communism didn't hurt anything, almost destroyed the fucking world with nukes and turned Europe in to a prison. lol

That's funny, tell that to the 20 million dead Ukrainians. That's just a start. Jeez

Most of the nazi stuff is based on soap and lampshades propaganda that most acknowledge didn't even happen.

If you're referring to Holodomor, it left around five million Ukrainians dead. Also, note how I wrote "in its purest theoretical form", meaning that I distanced myself from what Communism was in practice. Nazism, on the other hand, was a disaster in both theory and practice. A doctrine that emphasizes the superiority of one race of people is bound to lead to a lot of nasty things, given that even the most peaceful teachings can give birth to violence when wielded by wrong people.

Back