Should Cody leave team alpha male?

gym just appears to be a giant echo chamber which is concerning to say the least

True. Their "bro" levels are way too high. On second thought, maybe he does need to change camp. The irony of that is hilarious!

gym just appears to be a giant echo chamber which is concerning to say the least

This. Every time someone isn't walking lockstep with Faber they're not going to last long. It's Faber's gym so he can do as he wishes, but as good of a fighter as he was he never really evolved. Kinda like how no one evolved in that gym until Bang Ludwig came.

Most talented fighter that’s faster and better cardio....

Why are biased Garbrandt fans dumber than the Jon Jones fans? Cody is levels behind someone like TJ. Not saying he can’t get to that level but right now he isn’t there.

I think Garbrandt is the most talented fighter of all time at 135. He is definitively faster than TJ with crazy fast hands, with cardio.
With that said, beside some nice kicks, what adjustments has he made? He clearly has some bad habits and needs a place to tighten up his defense.
Thoughts?

When you are losing because of fundamentals you should be changing camps. Tam brings people in all the time but it hasn't worked.

I don't think he doesn't have the fundamentals, he just has too much of a brawling mentality. But yeah, the team might be a reason of that, cus they take things way too personal.

Tj was the first to ditch his team and turn his back on all the people who made him the fighter he is today. You never make rivals with your team like that. Won the fight but still a snake. Straight sellout.
tam made TJ good, Bang made TJ a champ, Bang + the treigning lab is making TJ an all timer

I think Garbrandt is the most talented fighter of all time at 135. He is definitively faster than TJ with crazy fast hands, with cardio.
With that said, beside some nice kicks, what adjustments has he made? He clearly has some bad habits and needs a place to tighten up his defense.
Thoughts?

I dont know how smart of a fighter you can be with Danny Castillo as your head coach. Dudes a fucking retard

So yes

Tj was the first to ditch his team and and turn his back on all the people who made him the fighter he is today.
Bullshit.TJ said to Urijah that if he would train in both TAM and Duane Ludwig's camp and Urijah gave him an ultimatum and TJ choose the guy who was the most loyal to him,Duane Ludwig.

TJ is loyal to the guy that believed in him as a more-than-average fighter. He's loyal to the guy who helped him get the belt around his waist.

TAM's coaching situation is a mess. So TJ went with the guy who helped him reach the level that TAM could never help him reach. If you look at a guy like Mendes, the he's a fantastic wrestler who has a ton of power, but his striking is miles behind where it could be. Then look at TJ, and you see how much he's evolved and learned. Why the difference? Bang Ludwig.

Nope.

Just more experience and maybe read a book or something with all do respect.

I don't think he doesn't have the fundamentals, he just has too much of a brawling mentality. But yeah, the team might be a reason of that, cus they take things way too personal.
bad habits can be coached out. TJ was a wrestler with his chin out and Dodson made him pay. Look at TJ now. Parillo or att would give hima more measured style. He is a father now, he shouldn't be bro-ing out so much

tam made TJ good, Bang made TJ a champ, Bang + the treigning lab is making TJ an all timer

Urijah Faber will always be the guy who brought TJ in and took him under his wing... not bang. Learn the facts.

Bullshit.TJ said to Urijah that if he would train in both TAM and Duane Ludwig's camp and Urijah gave him an ultimatum and TJ choose the guy who was the most loyal to him,Duane Ludwig.

TJ is loyal to the guy that believed in him as a more-than-average fighter. He's loyal to the guy who helped him get the belt around his waist.

TAM's coaching situation is a mess. So TJ went with the guy who helped him reach the level that TAM could never help him reach. If you look at a guy like Mendes, the he's a fantastic wrestler who has a ton of power, but his striking is miles behind where it could be. Then look at TJ, and you see how much he's evolved and learned. Why the difference? Bang Ludwig.
Bang Ludwig is one hell of a coach. Someone who is just as obcessed as TJ, it's special to watch

Faber just needs to humble himself and bring in a head coach. This team can't excel if they just train like old school MMA. Hammer House style, just knuckle head friends beating each other up.

That is true, but when you have a family you have an obligation to do what is best for your career. With that said tam is like a bunch of crabs in a pot
He should go train with Bang Ludwig. LOL

I hate team Beta Fail, and I dislike Neck Tatts, so I hope he stays there and anyone from that gym gets destroyed in any of their fights.

bad habits can be coached out. TJ was a wrestler with his chin out and Dodson made him pay. Look at TJ now. Parillo or att would give hima more measured style. He is a father now, he shouldn't be bro-ing out so much

Bud, already said in 2 posts I agreed, that on second thought, he should change camps. Though I don't know if it will ultimately work, but it's definitely worth the shot.

Urijah Faber will always be the guy who brought TJ in and took him under his wing... not bang.
Bang made TJ a champ, the reason why you fight. I just think a different team could help Garbrandt use his talent. Power like that at 135 doesn't grow on trees, plus his speed. He can be champ again

He should remove the necktats and cohost a day time television talkshow.

Back