Should Cody Garbrandt get the title shot if he kos Takeya Mizugaki ?

Dillashaw and Caraway should both be ahead of him. So absolutely not.

Not for me. Garbrandt doesn't have a single top 5 victory. TJ's win over Assuncao is a better win than defeating Almeida. Besides I think Cody still needs a bit more cage time before he is ready for Cruz.

He has the look of a contender but he needs that signature victory still. I think he should have to beat a Lineker, Caraway, or any other top 5 guy before getting a title shot. And I say this having meh interest in a TJ/Dom rematch. Dillashaw still more deserving than Cody at the moment.

cruz got his shot after a come back fight against mizugaki.

so... why shouldnt cody?
Because Cruz was a former champ coming off of injury for a tune up fight. He blew through mizugaki and it showed that Cruz still had it. So he got the chance to get his belt back. Honestly it could've been anyone. As long as he win he was gonna get his shot.

No. Dillishaw should be next in line after beating Assuncao. Lineker is just one solid win away from a title shot IMO.

Best case scenario for Cody is that he beats Mizugaki and gets a top 5 fight next.

Well i said he lost already and you ask did he lose. Dominick Cruz beat Tj thats a fact lol. So again i stand corrected.

You defintely missed my point and defintely dont know how to use that phrase lol

cruz got his shot after a come back fight against mizugaki.

so... why shouldnt cody?
Because Cruz beat him 2 fucking years ago? Should somebody get a title shot for beating somebody like Guida?

Id like to see him fight
Marlon Moraes,
Dodson,or Lineker

I'm dying to see Dilly Snake vs Garbrandt for the Team Alpha Drama buildup:eek:

That would be awesome. I'd buy it (even though I think Silly Dilly toys with Garbrandt).

That would be awesome. I'd buy it (even though I think Silly Dilly toys with Garbrandt).
probably right
but this would be ok too
as Garbrandt seems to think he's the second coming of Christ

either way it's interdasting

probably right
but this would be ok too
as Garbrandt seems to think he's the second coming of Christ

either way it's interdasting

Hah, exactly. I'm ok with both outcomes. If Dilly loses, it would be fun to see TAM kinda getting back at him. If Garbrandt loses, it would be fun to see that short-fused wannabe badass with a poker face.

Hah, exactly. I'm ok with both outcomes. If Dilly loses, it would be fun to see TAM kinda getting back at him. If Garbrandt loses, it would be fun to see that short-fused wannabe badass with a poker face.
totally agree:D

Dill is better and deserves it more, but I don't wanna see a hematch just yet. I still don't think Cody is quite done in the oven just yet. Cody vs Dilliserpant might be a good matchup... Or Cody vs caraway, winner faces Cruz with Dill vs someone, winner calling next after that

Rather see Cody over dillasnake or caraway...good power from Cody but DOM dusts both I think

I think he should get the title shot heres why. One hes from Alpha Male and Dominick Cruz and Alpha have a history with him going 3 - 1 against them. Two him and Cruz dont like each other and there rivalry will sell. Three hes fucking exciting
Cody%2BGarbrandt%2BStops%2BMarcus%2BBrimage%2BUFC%2B182.gif
Th7S_o.gif
. Four Cruz wants to fight him and Bryan Caraway is faking an injury thinking he can get a title shot by sitting on the sidelines after humping someone. Sean Shelby said that he tried to book Cody Garbrandt vs Caraway but Caraway said hes injured
air-quotes.gif
. So since Caraway is injured like he saids that should eliminated him from the title race and push Cruz vs Garbrandt next. View attachment 129921 Thoughts ?

Nope. TJ deserves it. TJ just beat #3 in the world without breaking a sweat. Garbrandt hasn't fought elite competition yet and has only just cracked the top ten.

Don't get me wrong, Almeida was a worthy opponent--but Mizugaki is a step down and Garbrandt needs a win over a top 5 guy before getting a shot at Cruz.

Couple that with the fact that TJ's loss was a CLOSE split decision (I actually would've given it to TJ), I don't see any reason Cruz should face a number 8 or 9 ranked guy over the number 1 ranked guy (who just beat the crap out of the number 3 ranked guy).

We need to stop treating rankings and wins like they mean nothing. TJ deserves the rematch. Cruz needs to defend his belt against the most worthy competitor (and not run to a different division like so many champs seem to want to do these days).

i had that fight for TJ have to rewatch it tho

I had it for Dominick in the two times I've watched it, but that's fair enough. It was pretty fucking close.

Why is he fighting Takeya Mizugaki? He should be fighting someone much higher ranked. Mizugaki could take advantage of the hype...

Back