Should Chris Weidman be considered a prodigy?

The Maia win was very impressive but mark Munoz was considered the #1 contender and also Munoz is a great wrestler and Weidman absolutely beat him down and made him look like a baby . Anderson silva almost got beat by Chael sonnen ... Chael isn't a quarter of the wrestler or striker Weidman is. Bottom line hype train silva will be finished by Weidman when they meet
computer-close-hulk.gif

Chris trained with Serras camp for only 3 months, he was dabbling in it before. He's nothing more than the next Rick Story until he can have a Jon Jones year. Get off his nuts and his one tko of a bum Munoz. He goes 5-5 with Munoz in ten fights.

No.

And...

I don't remember him losing that fight...........

Who's ashamed of getting tapped by one of the best BJJ artists in the world?

People find anyway to hate

This guy is really reaching here to try to prove his point. If thats the worst Weidman has looked in the UFC in that gif then he has already lost this argument and a big FAIL!

The nuthugerry and hatred on these threads still amazes me. Its either the fighter sucks and is completely over hyped or hes the second coming of christ and nobody can touch him. You people are nuts.

I can use your same stupid mma math.

That wasnt MMA math

Silva was droped to a knee by Maia at leats once

No he wasnt

How many times did Weidman take down Maia? Multiple times. How many times did Silva take down Maia? None.

Well that's a dumb comparison because they both didnt try and take Maia down(1 did),so how can you compare that stat?

You cant compare houses if there is only 1 house

They both got landed on by Maia,so you can compare that stat

This mma math your trying to use is a silly reach.

That wasnt MMA math

Last edited:
And...

I don't remember him losing that fight...........

Who's ashamed of getting tapped by one of the best BJJ artists in the world?

People find anyway to hate

How is it hating that I posted some funny gifs?

This guy is really reaching here to try to prove his point. If thats the worst Weidman has looked in the UFC in that gif then he has already lost this argument and a big FAIL!

What point do you think I'm trying to make?

I just posted some funny gifs of Weidman

A fail is not knowing what MMA math is

Last edited:
The nuthugerry and hatred on these threads still amazes me. Its either the fighter sucks and is completely over hyped or hes the second coming of christ and nobody can touch him. You people are nuts.

The only sensible thing said on this thread.

Weidman is a fantastic prospect. Still has alot to prove but I look forward to seeing what he can do.

Rooster, you're kindava tool.

I don't know if Weidman will be the next big thing, he may lose a couple of fights, but hey, early in Silvas career he had a couple of embarassing losses too and now he is pretty much considered the GOAT.

The jury's still out for me. If he puts a string of top 10-15 wins together then yes he could well be but he should definitely have to wait his turn against Silva, no point rushing him into that one.

He's an overrated hype job that got where he's at by fighting meh competition

I like how that's not relevant to the fact that your Vinny armbar gif at all doesn't prove your point that you think Weidman is "overrated".

And if beating a Top 5 MW (source) in Mark Munoz is "fighting meh competition", then that goes to prove how god-awful the 185 division really is.

Last edited:
And the "BJJ God" Weidman rises again.

It's a far stretch. He's incredibly talented, time shall tell.

I don't know why people want him to fight silva so soon. If he loses, he will have to fight 2-3 top 10 guys for another shot. He should fight another one or two guys who actually fought silva first before he takes on the champ. Hendricks beat 2 top 5 guys and a top 10 before getting his shot. Let Weidman beat Okami and the loser of vitor/bisping and he can have his title shot next december. (Anderson will likely fight Bisping sometime in early summer)

I like how that's not relevant to the fact that your Vinny armbar gif at all doesn't prove your point that you think Weidman is "overrated".

I just posted a funny gif of Weidman and gave my thoughts on him as a fighter

The gif has nothing to do with it I just posted it because I thought it was funny and given this is a thread about Weidman I thought it was a good time to poste is

And if beating a Top 5 MW (source) in Mark Munoz is "fighting meh competition", then that goes to prove how god-awful the 185 division really is.

And trust me I havent taken MW rankings seriously since I find out where they had
Boetsch,Maia,Munoz and Weidman ranked

Something that counters and neutralises your argument = An "excuse"

That's some nice confirmation bias you got there.

If an excuse is the only thing you can use to try and counter an argument then you fail hard

And really shouldnt be taken seriously

Back