Should Cain get immediate rematch if he loses by KO?

No, the #2 and #3 fights have been almost immediate rematches. They had 1 fight against a lower ranked fighter to get back to the contention, and they are 1-1 against each other. The winner will cement himself as the #1 fighter, and the loser will be a very close second.

Why the hell would he get a rematch if he lost by KO?

5618769181_bb68ef88e7.jpg

But no, Cain shouldn't and neither should JDS. I'll be on Cain's sack until he retires, but being beaten by KO by JDS twice means he is not fit to be the baddest man on the planet.

Fortunately, I expect the beating of the lifetime for Junior.

no.

but anyone who is paying attention knows JDS and Cain are 1a &1b in the HW division.

regardless of who wins, they will continue to meet.

but Werdum deserves next shot as the top contender.

Werdum deserves it, but he'll lose. Then he'll say it's because he hurt his knee in training.

Well neither got that treatment before so no. Plus Werdum is next in line, not that UFC cares but I don't think it will be instant rematch unless it's a controversial stoppage.

I don't think you are going to have to worry about this. Cain will win convincingly, and he will show why he is at the top all by himself.

No. Werdum should get the next shot, period.

No. He would have to win two more fights IMO to get a title shot against either JDS or whoever else is champ.

NO....I dont think they will do it. THey fought 3 times in less then 2 years and gotta have a break. Who ever loses, has to win 2-3 fights to get back in a shot. Not only will that give them a break and have other guys get chances, but also there is more of a chance that there is another champion, so we wont have cain vs JDs for the belt.

Whoever wins if it's JDS or Cain they should fight someone else, then after 2 fights back at it again. :icon_chee

Fuck no, 2 fights? That's way too little, should be a minimum of 3 if not more. As much as I'd like an immediate rematch if Cain loses, I don't think he would deserve one.

No because this is the rubber match already and it's hard to justify a 4th. It would have to be controversial.

Cain is not going to lose. I am willing to account bet over it.

The argument is not good enough.

It definitely is. Name one fighter that has went 17-0 in the UFC with 10 consecutive title defenses as a champ. I know, you don't like Anderson so you don't want the rematch, but think rationally here.

It definitely is. Name one fighter that has went 17-0 in the UFC with 10 consecutive title defenses as a champ. I know, you don't like Anderson so you don't want the rematch, but think rationally here.

oh no, i want the rematch

No, and that's why I'm not really happy that they're doing the third fight so soon.
I very much doubt the UFC will entertain the idea of a fourth fight anytime in the next few years, and that could mean one of these guys' careers being pretty much put on hold for as long as the other holds the title.

Werdum deserves it, but he'll lose. Then he'll say it's because he hurt his knee in training.

lol.

cant disagree....

I always enjoy your posts sir, and think I recall seeing you post something very logical in a comments section on another forum recently (possibly YouTube?)

and the idiot you were arguing with resorted to say something like "youre a tennis guy, so obviously you know nothing about fighting, stick to tennis", blah blah, blah....

does that sound familiar?

I swore it had to be you :)

Back