Should Cain get immediate rematch if he loses by KO?

No. As much as I like Cain, let someone else have his shot at the belt. I'm sure Werdum and Cormier will be all over it.

This, if Cain gets KO'd he should have to win 3 fights before getting another shot at the belt, same with JDS if he loses. These guys need to be fighting other people besides each other over and over again. It will test them in different ways and help them improve. It's already ridiculous that for the last few years Cain has been fighting JDS and Bigfoot over and over again. He hasn't fought an opponent outside of those 2 guys in 3 years!

What sherdoggers think?

No, because 4 fights (with the 3rd and 4th being back to back) is too much, too soon. Definitely give Werdum his shot at JDS (which he has earned), JDS will stomp him, and have Cormier fight JDS (if Cormier doesn't lose first). The only guy near JDS and Cain right now is Cormier, but Werdum definitely has earned it

im sure cain will have to beat at least 1 or 2 before he gets a rematch

probably browne or barnett/ overeem

No... He'll have to win another fight or two before he gets another chance.

should you watch the fight before making such a dumb tread?? yes!

it would depend on how a KO would occur..but i doubt the UFC would do this regardless...

Not if Cormier wants to fight JDS

Surprised at all the people saying Cain needs another fight or whatever before a 4th fight happens. Don't know what precedent they are using for this...

The trilogy is over after this. UFC doesn't do 4th fights in general. If either guy loses definitively and the other guy remains champ the guy that lost is in title limbo for quite awhile. Don't be surprised to see "drop to LHW" pressure even.

Of course not, and it doesn't need to be a KO.

Whoever wins, that's enough for the time being.

Yes then JDS gets immediate rematch after Cain beats him after the re-rematch

No... Cain is not a dominant champion

No. Down the line sure but id really like to see a new fight at HW. Werdum or Barnett or something.

Nope, let him wreck Browne and Overeem and then get him back in there.

Why would that happen? Gsp and silva get auto rematches merely because of the length of their title rains...

neither guy should get an immediate rematch regardless of what happens. Some scenario's i could see a rematch after 1 more fight inbetween but that would only be for some kind of eye poke, draw, NC etc but enough with Cain fighting the same 2 guys for the last couple years.

I like Werdum vs. Cain.
Werdum's stand up has gotten good enough to make it interesting.

I like Werdum vs. Cain.
Werdum's stand up has gotten good enough to make it interesting.

he still way too slow and predictable. Cain would eat him alive standing and make it look pretty easy IMO

Back