Should Bellator sign Mamed?

Slongkong

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Shlemenko just lost, but all in all he should go back and still dominate MW, but if they wanted a new dominate force to build around you'd have to go Mamed or Materla. Think they should just give Mamed whatever he wants to come over to Bellator? maybe even let him fight in KSW still as well.

Mamed is under contract with KSW for way more money than anyone would, or conceivably could give him elsewhere.

1.There is no way Bellator would want to pay what it would take to buy that contract out and sign him to a new one

2. If they did their fighters under contract would all want to renegotiate for more money based on his crazy salary

3. Why would Khalidov want to leave his home when he makes crazy money to fight in Bellator of all places, UFC would snatch him if he got close to the US.

Mamed is under contract with KSW for way more money than anyone would, or conceivably could give him elsewhere.

1.There is no way Bellator would want to pay what it would take to buy that contract out and sign him to a new one

2. If they did their fighters under contract would all want to renegotiate for more money based on his crazy salary

3. Why would Khalidov want to leave his home when he makes crazy money to fight in Bellator of all places, UFC would snatch him if he got close to the US.

this.
And I add that already MMAmed said that he get a very good paycheck even because has a lot of local sponsors that probably would disappear if he stops to fight in KSW.
Hell he has even an energy drink!

mmamed_napoj_energetyczny._2013-03-18_13-29-20.jpg

(used to do the tour of Żabka shops in Wrocław and I was surprised seeing how many different energy drinks polish shops have, seems there are diffused like Coca-Cola in other nations lol)

I think the UFC already tried to sign him. He wanted more money than they were willing to offer. I doubt Bellator would offer more.

he wants bisbing money so around 400k per fight and that more then UFC or Bellator want to pay

He was signed to Bellator at one point, but didn't fight in their MW tournament because it fell during Ramadan. Then KSW came along and pays him ridiculous amounts.

I think he is a legit top 10 MW but it is unfortunate that he won't prove himself against other elite MWs

Mamed vs shlemenko is the best mw fight outside UFC, but the same can be said about okami vs mamed in wsof

If I were Bellator I'd probably open up the pocket books for him. There's not many non-UFC/WSoF guys out there you can sign who would immediately be the favorite to take a belt in your organization. Khalidov, Kharitonov, Askren, and Bibi might be the only ones outside of the UFC and WSoF who would blast through a Bellator tournament and take the belt, and we all know Askren won't be back.

Shlemenko just lost, but all in all he should go back and still dominate MW, but if they wanted a new dominate force to build around you'd have to go Mamed or Materla. Think they should just give Mamed whatever he wants to come over to Bellator? maybe even let him fight in KSW still as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q_aHcslcGg

It seems Okami-Khalidov at KSW will happen soon. Great new, the best middleweight fight we can see outside the UFC nowadays by far. Actually, both guys would be top ten fighters in UFC.
Okami didn't want to fight in the ring some months ago, but KSW has a cage now, so this fight hopefully will happen soon.
I think Okami is the favourite because of his wrestling/judo and top position game,aside from his experience, but it is a really interesting fight.

Materla is just an slightly above average MW. Shlemenko smokes him. Khalidov is something special though. I will be pumped to see how he does against Okami, if they eventually fight.

Back