Should Bellator make a LHW tournament?

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Already they have a very competitive HW, LHW and WW roster compared to the UFC, should they make the LHW tournament?

Bader
McGeary

Davis
Yagshimuradov (from ACB)

Nemkov
Vassell

Narkun (from KSW)
Machida

alternate 1: Aung La Nsang (from ONE) vs Prochazka (from Rizin)
alternate 2: Sonnen vs King Mo
(superfight: Wanderlei vs Fedor)

Last edited:
Already they have a very competitive HW, LHW and WW rooster compared to the UFC, should they make the LHW tournament?

Bader
McGeary

Davis
Yagshimuradov (from ACB)

Nemkov
Vassell

Narkun (from KSW)
Machida

Let's hope Mousasi will move up also

LHW "rooster"...

d213101a3f782b7b321702f6850f99a4.jpg

There is no way ONE would send Aung La N Sang to Bellator. He's becoming a big star for them, too risky.
Bellator's LHW division is definitely deep enough though, especially if Mousasi and some other big MWs move up.

So they have a competitive roster but here's a tournament that includes several fighters from completely different promotions.

Those fighters probably have no interest in fighting for Bellator if they're already in One, ACB or KSW.

They might have a better rooster than the UFC but their roster is shit.

Assuming DC stays at HW and Jones moves up once he returns... Bellator LHW division > UFC LHW division.

Let him prove himself at MW first. He already stated he wants to fight Fedor so thats pretty badass. But maybe a bit too much yet. Moose is a proven LHW fighter and had some great succes at HW too (ie Hunt)

Already they have a very competitive HW, LHW and WW rooster compared to the UFC, should they make the LHW tournament?

Jones, DC and Gus easily wipe the floor with anyone on this list
Bader
McGeary

Davis
Yagshimuradov (from ACB)

Nemkov
Vassell

Narkun (from KSW)
Machida

I got a bit of heat for mentioning a LHW tournament before... But after my initial suggestions, here is a revised list I think would make for an explosive LHW tournament that would get a LOT of attention.

Ryan Bader
Gegard Mousasi
Lyoto Machida
King Mo
Phil Davis
Chael Sonnen

And while these guys fight their next round of fights, have some fights for entry:

Linton Vassell vs Jordan Young
Liam McGeary vs Tyree Fortune

Last edited:
I don't think Aung will take part on this tournament for being a ONE Champ.

Back