Should Bellator just cut Eddie Alvarez?

Gigaton Punch

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm thinking from a business perspective this might be the best course of action for Bellator. They could set up Alvarez/Brooks, but if Brooks loses, your 2 top LW's just lost to a guy who left the company. I'm thinking cutting Ediie and promoting Brooks to undisputed Champion might be the best route to go with. Then they can act like the have the top LW in the world.

Eddie isn't leaving bellator soon, why should they cut him

Eddie isn't leaving bellator soon, why should they cut him

He only has 1 fight left with no matching clause. If he wins his next fight he's as good as gone.

Nope. He'll have to fight Chandler anyway, its in his contract.

Why? He's likely gonna lose his next fight so its better they keep him on. That way he does less damage when he leaves

No, Brooks vs Alvarez is a quality match up

Alvarez won't want fight a guy coming off 2 losses for his final fight, plus he will give Brooks the respect he deserves and accept the fight

I think he signs with bellator again either way so no. They made a mistake not signing Melvin, they could be growing that div make it better for him to sign.

I think they might as well cut their losses, wouldn't be the first champ they let walk. It definitely wouldn't look good if Eddie beat Will and then went to the UFC and lost. And the Chandler rematch is illogical at this point. The bottom line is Eddie is leaving Bellator and Bellator stands to lose more than they have to gain by continuing to hold onto him.

Back