Should Andrade's slam of Namajunas be banned in MMA?

Should this slam be banned from MMA?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
For fucks sake you embarassing soyboys just let this thread die before some UFC official or Luke Thomas sees it and makes this a thing.

y'all are fucking traitors to the just bleed god and he will smite you

Luke Thomas is actually pro slam, and rightfully so.

No. I'm generally not in favour of banning things or calling for things to be banned instead of fighters evolving as martial artists.

Rose made a big mistake in that moment and could have avoided coming down like that. The gif of the Randleplex is a good example of that because Fedor let go of the Kimura to break his fall with his right arm. He credited judo for him surviving that.

With that said, the one slam type move I wouldn't be opposed to banning is doing a front flip while someone has your back while standing, like this:

belcher-okami-juggo21.gif

That should count as spiking, especially if Belcher had Okami's arm pinned against his chest. I don't think Okami had so much room to just let go once the flip had started (I just noticed that Belcher has two dangerous slams in this thread).

I know that at least one fighter was paralysed by a move just like that.

Last edited:
belcher-okami-juggo21.gif

That should count as spiking, especially if Belcher had Okami's arm pinned against his chest. I don't think Okami had so much room to just let go once the flip had started.

I know that at least one fighter was paralysed by a move just like that.

Gilbert always had his go-to head spike when people would take his back, used it on Guida and Ishida.
SpotlessJoyfulEasteuropeanshepherd-size_restricted.gif

Even has Ishida doing the standing kimura counter head slam as well.

Finally we can Bury this shit, now everyone shut up about the slam, the little lad last now let's move on.

Even if she didn't hold on to the arm, it still would have been legal because it wasn't a pile driver. She was coming down with an arc, not straight up to straight down.

BTW, I'm pro slam, guys. Slam KO's are up there as one of my favourite ways to watch someone get KO'd.
Wasn't taking a stance, I stand corrected. I'm not sure how they qualify a pile-driver and I wont pretend to know.

ITT:

Lots of people arguing "it shouldn't be made illegal, because it's legal"

<{CMPALM}>
That's right if you're going to change an existing rule you need a reason why. Not seeing any logical reasoning just hurt feelings and dramatic whining about what could happen. When slams have always been legal and people arent getting their spines broken left and right.

It depends who's on the receiving end. Ngannou punching Reem into orbit is fine but Ortega should have been DQd for smashing Frankie's chin cos it made me sad.

marc raimondi bitch ass manlet with an ugly dog
he needs to get off the couch and hit the treadmill before he can even think about prescribing MMA rules

Don't want to get slammed like that, don't get caught in that position.

No, and glad to see 90% of Sherdog agrees.
We got this one right fellas

Back