Should Andrade's slam of Namajunas be banned in MMA?

Should this slam be banned from MMA?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Only a matter of time till that kind of slam is banned because sooner or later someone is going to be paralyzed by it, which will set MMA back 10 years or more in terms of mainstream acceptance.
No. Frank Shamrock already ended a guys career and crippled him many years ago. People post all these dramatic what ifs not knowing most of this stuff happened already in like 1998 and life keeps going.

Absolutely not. It’s not against the rules, and the rules are strict enough. They need to enforce the actual rules regarding, pokes, fence grabs, etc. Not make new unnecessary rules.

That slam was awesome to see.
Fence grabs, GREASE GATE, etc. GSP knows it more than anyone and others still doing vaseline like him and NOTHING HAPPENS. Jacaré's last fight proves my point, the fight just started and his opponent brightness became evident in the middle of the round.

Z
No. Frank Shamrock already ended a guys career and crippled him many years ago. People post all these dramatic what ifs not knowing most of this stuff happened already in like 1998 and life keeps going.
Times have changed. Guarantee if someone gets paralyzed live on ESPN the rules re slamming are changed pronto.

Z

Times have changed. Guarantee if someone gets paralyzed live on ESPN the rules re slamming are changed pronto.
We'll see. It's like a .0000001% chance. Meanwhile we know for a fact these fighters WILL get cte. And that's the real issue. CTE in mma is unavoidable unless you make it like pancrase and ban head strikes. So all of this is pointless. The goal is to make this a nice, safe sanitized product for network TV where nobody gets hurt. Well it's not reasonable or practical. NFL fans are figuring that out to. Some sports are inherently violent and it's not going to end well for everyone.

They should ban slam's like that and all the other dangerous things that happen in the sport like kicks, punches, elbows and submissions. I don't understand why this sport isn't no-contact. It's just dangerous putting two fighter's in there and allowing such violence.

We'll see. It's like a .0000001% chance. Meanwhile we know for a fact these fighters WILL get cte. And that's the real issue. CTE in mma is unavoidable unless you make it like pancrase and ban head strikes. So all of this is pointless. The goal is to make this a nice, safe sanitized product for network TV where nobody gets hurt. Well it's not reasonable or practical. NFL fans are figuring that out to. Some sports are inherently violent and it's not going to end well for everyone.
You underestimate how close that slam is to breaking a neck. I've seen it happen

You underestimate how close that slam is to breaking a neck. I've seen it happen
No I don't, because out of thousands of fights watched I've seen many nasty slams over and over, and only ever heard of a couple people getting crippled/paralyzed. A lot of the time they're not even fight ending.

Belcher's slam on Cote was nauseating to watch, and he's not in a wheelchair. He had like 10 more ufc fights after that.

no ffs stop changing the rules because the outcome didn't fit your narrative, u fckn loser

IT SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED!!!
<{JustBleed}>

we have 16 :eek::eek::eek:s on this forum, hope they don't become more...

There should be an option for "not if on Ben Askren".

ITT:

Lots of people arguing "it shouldn't be made illegal, because it's legal"

<{CMPALM}>

I agree with spiking being illegal, it's more of a permanent injury slam with less momentum in the throw motion and in the air, means less force.

Slams should be legal. Gets too complicated if you ban them, as some throws could be seen as such, even Judo throws, and with such a motion the only thing you can really control is whether or not it's a spike, since your opponent moves in the air and also decides how to land.

It's the opponent's responsibility on how to land. To train for it. Rose made a mistake going for a sub.

really? Rose was lighting her up. She made a dumb mistake, but she's the better overall fighter. This is going to be a short lived title rein.
Shorter than roses 1 defence?

From what I understand pile-drivers are illegal, it was only legal because Rose caused it by holding on to the arm.

For fucks sake you embarassing soyboys just let this thread die before some UFC official or Luke Thomas sees it and makes this a thing.

y'all are fucking traitors to the just bleed god and he will smite you

From what I understand pile-drivers are illegal, it was only legal because Rose caused it by holding on to the arm.

Even if she didn't hold on to the arm, it still would have been legal because it wasn't a pile driver. She was coming down with an arc, not straight up to straight down.

BTW, I'm pro slam, guys. Slam KO's are up there as one of my favourite ways to watch someone get KO'd.

Back