Should Andrade's slam of Namajunas be banned in MMA?

Should this slam be banned from MMA?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
giphy.gif

Fuck no.

I'm a huge Rose fan, and that was a pretty devastating loss, but Andrade won fair and square.

I'm sad Rose got splattered, but it's obviously legal.

Isnt Andrade known as a Slam Artist?? Shouldnt Rose have been training slam defence? Like how to prevent being badly damaged as a result of a devastating slam from the powerful wrestler aiming to take your belt?

Lmao give it up Rose fanboys

Your girl got KO'd stiff by the better fighter
really? Rose was lighting her up. She made a dumb mistake, but she's the better overall fighter. This is going to be a short lived title rein.

Taking away the exciting moves killed the WWE... Now what do you want MMA fighters to do, just play touch butt...

I said Rose was re-tooling for pressure fighters cause she ducked all of them except KK who she lost to and holy shit was I right. They trained her a little too well and I'm glad it backfired. Had she taken this fight on a more normal schedule Andrade would have tooled her the fuck up in R1 but I don't think Rose would necessarily be KOed. What people saw was a product of an insanely long training schedule probably over a year for this specific opponent. She re-tooled the same vs Joanna. Bad neck injury my ass. Credit where credit is due they did a great job with the time they had. It proves everyone right that Rose is very coach-able. MMA has a tendency to dish out karma and I'm just glad they over trained the kimura to a point where it overrode her natural instincts and got KTFO.

The pathetic part is if she has a rematch clause in her contract they might decide to run this back. I'm a bit of a sadist in this regard so I almost hope they do because she was getting tired by R2 and still had to deal with R3, 4 and 5. She was desperately trying to finish Andrade in R1 and paid for it. Even if she paces I don't think she would last 5 rounds. Rose's weakness was exposed by KK long ago. Andrade, Joanna, Nina can clinch fight and punish the body. All of them would tool Rose but especially JJ. Andrade wasn't the greatest in the clinch. Nina we haven't seen enough of I think clinch fighting at a high level but looked good vs Claudia. JJ made Rose look like a 6 year old in the clinch with her. It looked like JJ was putting clothes out to dry.

Why would you ban something that Rose and her coaches did to her?

There was nothing wrong with the slam.

No more wrong than punching, kneeing or kicking someone in the head.

Anyone voting yes is quite dramatic lol

You guys remember Alan Belcher’s pancake piledriver on Côté?

KindBriefFoxterrier-size_restricted.gif

Dammmn!!! Thanks!

WHY would Rose not let go? She literally caused her own KO!!!

Seems like incomplete gameplanning. Her team clearly drilled the kimura as a defense for Andrade's takedowns, but Rose didn't have a plan B when Andrade broke her grip and she couldn't properly reapply the hold.

It would have been much better to concede the position and end up on her back.

Last edited:
I can't get past that he keeps referencing the violence of the move, as if he's completely ignorant to the point of the sport.

Not a lot of people enjoy watching a pretty girl dumped on her gourd, that's fair. .. but it happens all the fuckin time to scarred-up fellas and you never hear a fraction of the outcry.

What are we're really talking about here?

I think Rampage's powerslam is worst. Also, Rose's fault for holding on to that kimura. Like DC said, everyone he ever slammed with that move ended up on their backs. Rose beat Rose cuz she was tired and lazy. Motivated Rose takes Andrade 100%

Why is this still a question, other than "fans" not knowing the rules of the sport they follow? It's not illegal and shouldn't be made illegal.

Might as well make punches and kicks illegal too and have them decide it decked out in Nerf body armor. This is combat.

THIS IS COMBAT!

I can't get past that he keeps referencing the violence of the move, as if he's completely ignorant to the point of the sport.

Not a lot of people enjoy watching a pretty girl dumped on her gourd, that's fair. .. but it happens all the fuckin time to scarred-up fellas and you never hear a fraction of the outcry.

What are we're really talking about here?
People used to a sanitized pc culture want mma to be neutered and safe too. Well mma cant be safe. I choose violence.

<CerseiPlotting>

It's not illegal but I feel bad since Rose has a preexisting neck injury

No, she could have released your submission attempt.

Robbie's slam to Ben I could entertain as being illegal. There was no option for him to not be slammed on his head.

Seems like incomplete gameplanning. Her team clearly drilled the kimura as a defense for Andrade's takedowns, but Rose didn't have a plan B when Andrade broke her grip and she couldn't properly reapply the hold.

It would have been much better to concede the position and end up on her back.

Ok, but isnt Andrade literally known as a Slam artist? Isnt her nickname something to do with slams? Doesnt she have highlight reel wrestling scoops and slams?? I might be wrong, but, shouldnt that have been part of a year long opponent specific training camp? Wouldnt rhe coaches and Rose have watched every single Andrade fight on tape at least a dozen times each?

Back