Should Anderson Silva call out GSP if he beats Adesanya?

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Should he? A win over Adesanya at age 43 would certainly raise the “legacy” value of Anderson. GSP might want that fight after all.

There's only one fight GSP will come back for. He wants that belt, at 155..

Gsp wants easy fights,isn’t this obvious by now??

Yeah, Khabib is an easy fight.

easier than a 43yrs old guy who lost 4 of his last 5....
And lost to guy you just beat. No way GPS is afraid of silva at this point

I recall it was mentioned Anderson and Dana have an agreement that if he wins he gets a title shot. Not sure how true that is though since it's Dana.

Anderson won't win so who he should call out is irrelevant.

Adesanya is obviously THE most overrated fighter atm. What has he ever done in MMA? Nothing. And yet he still won newcomer of the year at this years Sherdog awards. Goes to show that the award means nothing.

Yeah, Khabib is an easy fight.

easier than a 43yrs old guy who lost 4 of his last 5....

GSP believes its easy because GSP thinks he can be the bigger fighter and his wrestling would cancel Khabib's and easily beat him standing like he did to KoS.

Also I don't buy that he will fight Khabib at 155lbs ... I think thats a smokescreen. If they fight it will be at catchweight 165lbs so that GSP can try to keep his size advantage.

Giving Khabib his first lost is as big as winning the title for GSP.

I recall it was mentioned Anderson and Dana have an agreement that if he wins he gets a title shot. Not sure how true that is though since it's Dana.
I believe Dana on this,

Anderson is still the money fight at MW right now
(and it's pretty sad)

I believe Dana on this,

Anderson is still the money fight at MW right now
(and it's pretty sad)

We'll see. I agree Anderson's still probably the money fight but Dana's ego and being a slave to personal grudges will override anything else. Money is a close second.

He only took the fight because if he wins, he gets a title fight. So no, he wont call out GSP. He'll call out the MW champ.

GSP is looking for a 3rd belt without the possibility of brain damage.

As much as i want to this happen it ain't happening. It would have happened like in 2009 if GSP really wanted this fight.

No. Anderson should be pushing for that one last glory fight for the MW belt as Dana said he would get. it would still sell.

And it would once again be the best example of Anderson and his career of cherry picking opponents and a path to market himself. Something I don't blame him for.

Imagine, with a win over a relatively unproven (but dangerous) striker Anderson would get a shot against a Champ who also is likely to strike with him. In a division full of guys who would have no issue "Weidman'ing' him and putting him on his back and rolling his eyes back in his head to set up a KO. Jacare, Rockhold, Weidman, Gastelum, Romero could and would all put Andy on his back if they needed to and yet somehow he gets a realtively unproven striker who won't do that. A guy who will fight Anderson where he is strongest and in a way that allows Andy to focus only on his striking game with no fear of TD.

Brilliant cherry picking by Andy and if he gets a title shot from this and manages to pull off a win I think we would all have to acknowledge this as one of, if not the best example of the best cherry picking in our sports history.

GSP won't respond. Even though he probably beats Anderson at this stage in their careers, he's "hesitant" to go up in weight against someone like Anderson.

I have to choose my words carefully on this forum as to not offend the fan base of St. George.

He needs to stop calling out smaller fighters and call out Jones, Shogun etc

No
He's getting the Kelvin X Bob winner after he beats Adesanya

Gsp wants easy fights,isn’t this obvious by now??
I don't believe there are any easy fights in the UFC, and GSP fighting Bisping was NOT an easy fight. He wanted multiple belts and going up in weight is easier than going down in weight. To many people sell Michael Bisping short. He has the most wins in UFC history, or is in the top 2-3. So how anybody can say Bisping is an easy fight is beyond me. He is not the best fighter ever, that is for sure. He is not an easy fight though, not even close!

Back