Should all US citizens be allowed to vote by mail?

Should all voters in the US be given the choice to vote by mail?

• Total voters
democrats literally won't allow ID's to vote...what does that say about them?

You need an ID when you register. Not to vote as they match your signature. I never get asked to show my ID but then again I’m white and live in a wealthy suburb.

You need an ID when you register. Not to vote as they match your signature. I never get asked to show my ID but then again I’m white and live in a wealthy suburb.
i registered online without ID

state ID's are free almost everywhere.

lol no they aren’t. I don’t ever care if they are or aren’t. It’s clear that poor people sometimes have no way to get to the DMV, they may be sick. They should be free and mailed to all citizens free of charge

Its unnecessary and clearly a tactic used by the right to lessen voter turnout but it’s not racist. It’s anti low income
Low income people don’t have ids?

bet that they have iPhones tho

lol no they aren’t. I don’t ever care if they are or aren’t. It’s clear that poor people sometimes have no way to get to the DMV, they may be sick. They should be free and mailed to all citizens free of charge
how would the government know where to mail it without some form of ID?

No not at all. I'd prefer to present ID at the voting booth.

Look, I’m not necessarily against providing an ID at the voting booth. I’m simply saying low income folks are affected most by doing it that way.

Let’s remember that voter fraud doesn’t even really exist. Weird that republicans need to put rules on voting.

I’ve heard that the right is against this because stats show that younger people tend to lean left more so than older people and younger people tend to vote less than older people. Thus the concern from the right is that if voting is easier for the youth, then the results will shift to the left. The other concern is that left leaning adults might be more inclined to either encourage their kids who wouldn’t normally vote to turn in mail in ballots or might even flat out fill in the ballots for their kids. Either way the result is the Republican Party losing.

personally, I vote by mail in the state of California and I don’t understand why if given the option, more people don’t vote by mail. It’s way easier and more convenient. So if I use it, who am I to tell others not to?
However I can totally see how it could be manipulated and would need to have some form of oversight to ensure authenticity. I’m kinda meh on this issue. Ballots would only be sent out to citizens correct? If so then go ahead and let it be by mail and step up investigation of fraud and penalties for those who commit it including deportation of non citizens breaking the law.

I’ve heard that the right is against this because stats show that younger people tend to lean left more so than older people and younger people tend to vote less than older people. This the concern from the right is that if voting is easier for the youth, then the results will shift to the left. The other concern is that left leaning adults might be more inclined to either encourage their kids who wouldn’t normally vote to turn in mail in ballots or might even fat out fill in the ballots for their kids. Either way the result is the Republican Party losing.

personally, I vote by mail in the state of California and I don’t understand why if given the option, more people don’t vote by mail. It’s way easier and more convenient. So if I use it, who am I to tell others not to?
However I can totally see how it could be manipulated and would need to have some form of oversight to ensure authenticity. I’m kinda meh on this issue. Ballots would only be sent out to citizens correct? If so then go ahead and let it be by mail and step up investigation of fraud and penalties for those who commit it including deportation of non citizens breaking the law.

Exactly correct. For some reason the party of small government wants government to intervene in the voting process for the reasons you outlined. It’s voter suppression plain and simple

It’s clear that poor people sometimes have no way to get to the DMV, they may be sick.

All year long, huh? I guess they'll never be able to get a driver's license either. Poor souls. Poor sick souls...

I already vote by mail. Everyone else should too.

Its unnecessary and clearly a tactic used by the right to lessen voter turnout but it’s not racist. It’s anti low income

It's also about limiting access by ID type.

It's how you keep college kids from voting. Students often have out of state licenses registered to their parent's residence but register to vote near their primary residence. So by refusing any license with a conflicting address, and refusing student ID you can generally surpress that vote.

Also it can be used to racist ends. Allowing polling station workers to scrutinize IDs at their discression means that maybe it's not a problem if Joseph R. Smith's drivers license says Joseph Smith, but if Jose R. Sosa's license says Jose Sosa it's not a valid ID.

It's also about limiting access by ID type.

It's how you keep college kids from voting. Students often have out of state licenses registered to their parent's residence but register to vote near their primary residence. So by refusing any license with a conflicting address, and refusing student ID you can generally surpress that vote.

Also it can be used to racist ends. Allowing polling station workers to scrutinize IDs at their discression means that maybe it's not a problem if Joseph R. Smith's drivers license says Joseph Smith, but if Jose R. Sosa's license says Jose Sosa it's not a valid ID.

Yep, it’s voter suppression for a number of reasons. Voter fraud doesn’t exist so every citizen should be allowed to vote however they want. Republicans don’t want that because they know what happens when more people vote

Back