Should a White belt 4 stripes tap out a purple belt??

I was a no stripe white belt, but had a wrestling background and had trained for over a year inconsistently. I was about 160-165 pounds, and could regularly tap out a 125 pound female purple when rolling hard. However, we mostly rolled very light, almost flow rolling during randori. She wasn't a competitor, just a recreational grappler, that probably has a lot to do with it.

I had absolute positional control, and so I was rarely ever in a position to be in danger. The weight, strength, speed and athleticism advantage I had over her really helped bridge the skill level gap. With that in mind, it is not hard to imagine the scenario you described, in fact, I would be more surprised had she tooled the individual you described.

the question is dumb, he is a male with twice his size, you dont even need to be athletic at all to do that, of course he would wreck the girl, bjj is not magic nor turns you into a jedi... despite what many people belive...

but ont he topic, if a purple or brown gets him self in bad positions on purpouse like giving his back getting into triangles armbars to try to escape, eventually he will made a mistake and will get tapped.

I'd day even if it was a guy purple belt with that much of a size and strength disadvantage it could happen but especially with a girl .

I also hope this thread post was a joke too

Size is a stat
Skill is a stat
Speed is a stat
Heck, flexibility is a stat.

All stats add up. Skill can beat strength, strength can beat skill, whoever has "more"

yes it is, a legit purle belt bigger than shoulda had there way with you when you were a white belt.

I just had an great day, I tapped who different purple belts two times each in one night. It was three guiloitenes and an arm triangle off back control

The higher level belts would just wait until he got tired and then would eventually be able to do something. While he was fresh there was nothing anybody could do.

I believe that IS the art, no?

Size is a stat
Skill is a stat
Speed is a stat
Heck, flexibility is a stat.

All stats add up. Skill can beat strength, strength can beat skill, whoever has "more"

Where do you think video game developer's came up with it? Duh..

lol, I still get in trouble with white belts every so often and I'm 6'2 215lbs.

Also OP, there is a weird phenomenon with females that they get promoted much sooner than a male counterpart. I've seen it several times and think it might be because of the insanely small sample size for comparison.

So it was probably more like a white vs. white. lol

Yea, but that lady is a purple belt. I was just amazed when I saw that. Just saying. I thought if she's a purple belt, she would be tapping out a white belt.

Are you stupid? You think Ronda Rousey would beat up a six and half foot tall 280 lb brick shithouse football player with a year+ of training? The answer is no.

Size matters. When size differences are that large, they matter a lot. Her purple belt is indicative of her technical level, not her ability to beat up people more than twice her size. Seriously.

I saw a white belt 4 stripes that's an athletic 6'3", 268lbs of muscles, former college football player tapped out a purple belt that's a 5'5", 128lbs female. Like consistently tapping her out. Is that suppose to happen? I guess sometimes size does matter. I mean that guy just want to do whatever he wanted on the mat. That purple belt lady couldn't really do anything.

You're either an uber white belt, a troll, or an idiot.

That just isn't even a fair match up. There is a guy I roll with all the time that is 60 lbs heavier of muscle and whenever I try to work one sub for the day, he just muscles out of it every time then smashes me. Our difference in technical ability is night and day, but he is so damn strong.

Are you stupid? You think Ronda Rousey would beat up a six and half foot tall 280 lb brick shithouse football player with a year+ of training? The answer is no.

Size matters. When size differences are that large, they matter a lot. Her purple belt is indicative of her technical level, not her ability to beat up people more than twice her size. Seriously.

I dunno man. I've heard that Rhonda gives seasoned male grapplers fits on the mat. She trains at an olympic level with skilled opponents most of which are dudes. So I think you may be wrong on this one.

I dunno man. I've heard that Rhonda gives seasoned male grapplers fits on the mat. She trains at an olympic level with skilled opponents most of which are dudes. So I think you may be wrong on this one.

No doubt. But read the stats of the hypothetical guy I used as an example. I think that would be too much size and strength for essentially any woman, even one as strong and technical as Ronda, to beat. He'd need to know enough to avoid the basic subs, but how exactly would you finish someone who can bench more than you can squat? I've watched very, very good small BBs positionally dominate very large, strong, lower belts and not be able to finish because the bigger guy would literally just tear their arms away from their neck. It takes an enormous size/strength differential, but at some point it comes into play.

Let's take a more extreme example, from the realm of idiocy, to illustrate the point. Could Ronda Rousey (or any woman, or man for that matter) armbar or RNC a full grown male lowland gorilla? Physiology is roughly similar, and the gorilla (presumably) has no training. My guess would be it's pretty unlikely, since gorillas are around 2.5x as strong as people of the same size IIRC. Now, how much less strong than a gorilla does a man have to be for the same relation to hold? I'm about 6'2" and 210-220, and when I was a white belt I used to beat the shit out of purple belt women who were much better technically than me, just because I could prevent them from doing anything by size alone (and I was too young and dumb to know what an asshole move it was to do so). I'd had some Judo and was in really good shape, but that was about it. I recall rolling once with a woman who'd been doing BJJ for 3-4 years, but was about 100 lbs soaking wet, and even when I was being nice she couldn't get anything going unless I totally gave it to her, just because the size difference was so great. It matters a lot.

lol, yeah, girls always get matched up with guys twice their size instead of someone closer to her size to get dominated repeatedly

this thread is totally not bullshit

any instructor worth his salt will try to get his female students demolished by football players

i am sure that purple belt girl will sub the whitebelt while she is mounted with an armbar.

No doubt. But read the stats of the hypothetical guy I used as an example. I think that would be too much size and strength for essentially any woman, even one as strong and technical as Ronda, to beat. He'd need to know enough to avoid the basic subs, but how exactly would you finish someone who can bench more than you can squat? I've watched very, very good small BBs positionally dominate very large, strong, lower belts and not be able to finish because the bigger guy would literally just tear their arms away from their neck. It takes an enormous size/strength differential, but at some point it comes into play.

Let's take a more extreme example, from the realm of idiocy, to illustrate the point. Could Ronda Rousey (or any woman, or man for that matter) armbar or RNC a full grown male lowland gorilla? Physiology is roughly similar, and the gorilla (presumably) has no training. My guess would be it's pretty unlikely, since gorillas are around 2.5x as strong as people of the same size IIRC. Now, how much less strong than a gorilla does a man have to be for the same relation to hold? I'm about 6'2" and 210-220, and when I was a white belt I used to beat the shit out of purple belt women who were much better technically than me, just because I could prevent them from doing anything by size alone (and I was too young and dumb to know what an asshole move it was to do so). I'd had some Judo and was in really good shape, but that was about it. I recall rolling once with a woman who'd been doing BJJ for 3-4 years, but was about 100 lbs soaking wet, and even when I was being nice she couldn't get anything going unless I totally gave it to her, just because the size difference was so great. It matters a lot.

Niceeeeee.

Back