Should a White belt 4 stripes tap out a purple belt??

I am now a brown belt, and still, although rarely, get tapped out by a couple of white belts when i am lazy / tired / not paying atention.

I'm a purple and I don't get tapped out by white belts anymore, but I do let them lock on submissions, and then I always escape, but I sometimes kind of hurt myself in the process. Especially with guillotines. I fucking hate white belt guillotines. They never make me tap, but they always make my neck sore the next morning.

weird that should not happen at all.
See TS at purple you should be able to do jedi mind tricks to white belts.

Size and strength DOES matter, I'll guess thats why even in BJJ there are weight classes.

10 inches of height, and 140 pounds of weight, and a man vs a woman. dumb question imo. the guy LITERALLY outweighs her by OVER double her size. what is a belt supposed to make you a jedi?

theres only so much you can make up for in technique.

See Royce vs Sumo

a long time ago when I train with Juliano Prado we had a guest instructor who came up and didn't have great English. He was a Judo black belt prior to getting his BJJ black belt.

He also taught class in a different way. We would warm up for 10 mins with exercise, then we would spar at about 5% He would watch for three things he thought interesting or appropriate.

Then he would stop us and show the three corrections which somebody (who would usually remain nameless) had made. After he taught a tech we would practice it 15 times than he would show the next and so on.

After doing techniques we would go back into sparing Usually positional or specific sparring.

one other cool thing he did was take another high level and spar with them and when he did something cool he liked on the guy he would stop ... then teach everyone what the technique was and we would all practice it.

The reason I remembered him was because he was a black belt and he said he would train until he got tapped by someone in the room. Now granted in my be a big purple or brown belt but he believed if he was training hard enough that he might not get tapped then he wasn't opening his game and thus growing in
technique.

I for one was never ashamed of getting tapped by a white belt. It would be completely different if we were both fresh and it was a tournament. But you should always train you weaknesses just as much as your strengths.

I saw a white belt 4 stripes that's an athletic 6'3", 268lbs of muscles, former college football player tapped out a purple belt that's a 5'5", 128lbs female. Like consistently tapping her out. Is that suppose to happen?
Yes.

F12 is so mature, no one has even asked to see pics of said purple belt.

This is so dumb.. why do you think weight classes and gender categories in contact sports exist?

I saw a white belt 4 stripes that's an athletic 6'3", 268lbs of muscles, former college football player tapped out a purple belt that's a 5'5", 128lbs female. Like consistently tapping her out. Is that suppose to happen? I guess sometimes size does matter. I mean that guy just want to do whatever he wanted on the mat. That purple belt lady couldn't really do anything.

How old are you? I would hope that even high school level students would understand basic physics principles.

Strength, size, athleticism, age, how hard you roll in class, whether you are trying new techniques, etc all make huge differences in rolling. When I roll with white belts I am usually only trying techniques that I am not good at - Never do I play my A game and by doing that they will pass me, will get me in bad positions, and sometimes they will submit me.

what a dumb question, a 4-stripe 170 pound white belt male should be able to give a 125lbs female purple lots of trouble if he wanted to, nevermind the giant you're talking about.

for all of you shitting on the TS, think about how jiujitsu got started. The Eternal Founder and Emperor Over the Sea Helio Gracie made this system for this specific situation.

A behemoth vs a smaller, weaker person. Perhaps it was marketed as such to the TS, and now he's confused because what he sees and what hes heard dont jive.

TS, despite Gracie propaganda, size and strength always matters. Thers a reason why you don't see 5' guys in the NBA. Or 140 lb linebackers in the NFL.

Learn as much technique as you can, but sometimes you might need some more firepower.

Hokey martial arts and ancient grappling are no match for a good blaster at your side.

that's it, i'm no longer training bjj if this is true.

for all of you shitting on the TS, think about how jiujitsu got started. The Eternal Founder and Emperor Over the Sea Helio Gracie made this system for this specific situation.

A behemoth vs a smaller, weaker person. Perhaps it was marketed as such to the TS, and now he's confused because what he sees and what hes heard dont jive.

TS, despite Gracie propaganda, size and strength always matters. Thers a reason why you don't see 5' guys in the NBA. Or 140 lb linebackers in the NFL.

Learn as much technique as you can, but sometimes you might need some more firepower.

Hokey martial arts and ancient grappling are no match for a good blaster at your side.

And I suspect that when he was over 90, Helio would have trouble beating many four stripe white belts (of course everyone would roll very light with him out of respect) - as was said, BJJ isn't magic, it can amplify physical abilities but if the physical discrepency is too large it can still fail.

Same reason I'd bet on a 2000 pound Kodiak bear or 700 pound tiger against unarmed Roger Gracie. There are limits on what technique can do (though from what I've read of Roger Gracie, he's a quite intelligent fellow, and would bring a rifle to either of those matches).

How old are you? I would hope that even high school level students would understand basic physics principles.

Strength, size, athleticism, age, how hard you roll in class, whether you are trying new techniques, etc all make huge differences in rolling. When I roll with white belts I am usually only trying techniques that I am not good at - Never do I play my A game and by doing that they will pass me, will get me in bad positions, and sometimes they will submit me.

Judging from how much of a douche kenpeters8 was on that North Carolina fraud thread, my guess is he's betwen 14 and 16.

And I suspect that when he was over 90, Helio would have trouble beating many four stripe white belts (of course everyone would roll very light with him out of respect) - as was said, BJJ isn't magic, it can amplify physical abilities but if the physical discrepency is too large it can still fail.

I remember seeing an interview with Helio from several years back where he said that even back in the day once a guy had 1-2 years of experience (and was much bigger than him) that the guy could submit and beat him because the size/strength would be too much since the guy now knew basic BJJ. I believe that his belief was that BJJ gave him the advantage over the untrained (untrained in BJJ being the key here) opponent and the ability to overcome their size/strength.

Judging from how much of a douche kenpeters8 was on that North Carolina fraud thread, my guess is he's betwen 14 and 16.

lol, then I guess his question makes perfect sense considering his age:/

I saw a white belt 4 stripes that's an athletic 6'3", 268lbs of muscles, former college football player tapped out a purple belt that's a 5'5", 128lbs female. Like consistently tapping her out. Is that suppose to happen? I guess sometimes size does matter. I mean that guy just want to do whatever he wanted on the mat. That purple belt lady couldn't really do anything.

A 270 pound man tapping out someone he has almost 150 pounds on? Yea, its going to happen. As a bigger dude, there

Surprised this thread has even lasted this long before getting slashed for being irrelevant and nonsense...

A purple belt should tap out any 4-stripe white belt within 50-65% of their bodyweight..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back