Should a White belt 4 stripes tap out a purple belt??

kenpeters8

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I saw a white belt 4 stripes that's an athletic 6'3", 268lbs of muscles, former college football player tapped out a purple belt that's a 5'5", 128lbs female. Like consistently tapping her out. Is that suppose to happen? I guess sometimes size does matter. I mean that guy just want to do whatever he wanted on the mat. That purple belt lady couldn't really do anything.

10 inches of height, and 140 pounds of weight, and a man vs a woman. dumb question imo. the guy LITERALLY outweighs her by OVER double her size. what is a belt supposed to make you a jedi?

theres only so much you can make up for in technique.

You're kidding right? Yea that's pretty much to be expected. An almost blue belt HUGE former college football player, can tap out a 128lbs girl? Yea..that's gonna happen

Really seems like a silly question....

All day- and why would she even want to roll with someone that big?

Even if she was a guy, he would be tapping out.

There was a dude at the gym where I trained who was 6'4" and 305 pounds and he had trained for about a year. He was giving black belts trouble and tapped purple belts.

The dude was pretty athletic for his size and he used his size effectively.

I sparred him a couple of time and his belly nearly covered my entire body. It was nearly impossible to get him down and it was impossible to get him into full guard.

All he did was get side control and then get the kimura.

The higher level belts would just wait until he got tired and then would eventually be able to do something. While he was fresh there was nothing anybody could do.

You're kidding right? Yea that's pretty much to be expected. An almost blue belt HUGE former college football player, can tap out a 128lbs girl? Yea..that's gonna happen

Yea, but that lady is a purple belt. I was just amazed when I saw that. Just saying. I thought if she's a purple belt, she would be tapping out a white belt.

There was a dude at the gym where I trained who was 6'4" and 305 pounds and he had trained for about a year. He was giving black belts trouble and tapped purple belts.

The dude was pretty athletic for his size and he used his size effectively.

I sparred him a couple of time and his belly nearly covered my entire body. It was nearly impossible to get him down and it was impossible to get him into full guard.

All he did was get side control and then get the kimura.

The higher level belts would just wait until he got tired and then would eventually be able to do something. While he was fresh there was nothing anybody could do.

What belt is that 6'4", 305lbs guy?

I saw a white belt 4 stripes that's an athletic 6'3", 268lbs of muscles, former college football player tapped out a purple belt that's a 5'5", 128lbs female. Like consistently tapping her out. Is that suppose to happen? I guess sometimes size does matter. I mean that guy just want to do whatever he wanted on the mat. That purple belt lady couldn't really do anything.

athleticism can make a big difference as does size, technique is important but i've seen purples (men) tap to the athletic 4 stripe white.

jiujitsu is not magic. Size and strength always play a factor I don't care what anyone says. If an Ex football player with a little jiujitsu experience is rolling with a 125lb woman it will not end well for her I don't care how much training she has. That being said I think If she can weather a very long storm than maybe they would be able to attack.

I've known white belts who could give some purple belts THEIR OWN SIZE a run for their money. They aren't the norm by any means, but strength, speed and athleticism can make up for a big technique difference in some cases, particularly in those really rare super-athletic cases and fast learners. Much less a gender difference and half the size.

Now, if you're talking about a guy with only a month's experience, yeah that would be pretty rare - great technique usually beats the untrained even when there is a big physical difference. But when you have a guy who's been training for more than a year with high frequency and is large, super-athletic/fast and very strong AND learns fast...yeah, that guy will cause problems for some upper belts.

Last edited:
I have a feeling TS is the 4 stripe white belt.

I truly believe when skill sets are close, size and athleticism plays a huge part. That is why we have weight classes.

I am now a brown belt, and still, although rarely, get tapped out by a couple of white belts when i am lazy / tired / not paying atention.

Back