*short video* me on the heavy bag.

LOL Learn to use a punching bag. You have to stop it from swinging between hits. Real people don't move around like that. :eek:

Just in the spirit of the day. Good stuff man.

Show off!!! Liked the kicks at the end. Looked very relaxed. What do you wear the knee bands for?

For his knees.

my knees was both fucked. my right is fine now. but me left is still a bit "weak"

Don't lie man...you have sweaty knees. Tell the truth.

haha i got sweat all over after a session. :(

I like that jumping spinning back kick you did at the end. I throw that technique sometimes when I hit my thai bag, but I guess it's a bit easier for me as I am about 6'1, 160...

It doesn't have as much power as a standard spinning back kick but you can deliver it much quicker.

You got any videos of your MT fights?

Thanks. i am 175 cm tall, 82 kg.

and no i dont have any fight videos from thailand. right now, i only got this picture.

98d.jpg

LOL Learn to use a punching bag. You have to stop it from swinging between hits. Real people don't move around like that. :eek:

Just in the spirit of the day. Good stuff man.

I've been taught the opposite. Maybe it doesn't simulate exactly how an opponent moves, but opponents also don't stop just because you put a hand out, either. Seems like it's more applicable to fighting to react to the bag and position yourself properly, rather than force it to do what you want by default.

But of course it also depends on what you're trying to accomplish on the bag.

edit: whoops. I thought that last bit was your signature. My bad.

I've been taught the opposite. Maybe it doesn't simulate exactly how an opponent moves, but opponents also don't stop just because you put a hand out, either. Seems like it's more applicable to fighting to react to the bag and position yourself properly, rather than force it to do what you want by default.

But of course it also depends on what you're trying to accomplish on the bag.

Eh, I agree with you. I'm also excellent at getting across my sense of humor.

edit: whoops. I thought that last bit was your signature. My bad.

ha, all good.

Frode,

Ya look good bro. I liked the stutter step you used early in vid (7 or 8 seconds in) coming into that right hand. Your build have the shorter legs and longer torso is ideal for using "foot feints", good thing for you to keep experimenting with IMO. Ya like to get a little too front foot heavy on your combos when you hit that bag vs. transitioning weight back n forth. The funny thing is you do the opposite in your sparring clips, where you definitely appear to work more off your back foot. Careful on that jab bro, it looks good but your constantly bringing it back just below your chin, shoulder level. I'd like to see you bring it back higher, closer to your jaw line. Where the lead hand is held can be lower and throwing jab low to high is fine, just make sure that your retracting that jab back higher before bringing your hand back down.

Thanks sullivan. Alot of good stuff as always. :)

OMG SO BAD SOO BADD! just joking. lol, For the swinging of the bag, it is fine as long as your pushing it with the teep kicks, the problem occurs when you punch push it. Nice kicks!...Also dont punch where the bag goes, only punch it when it is in the middle, i seen you follow the bag with some punches, which wont happen in a real fight...That's all i have to say imo

my knees was both f*cked. my right is fine now. but me left is still a bit "weak"
^^^ Guess sport fighting can be too stressful on the joints....

^^^ When's your next competitive fight.... would luv to watch vid....

EDIT: Nice Right Roundhouse

KarateStylist

Its hard running up hills that hurt my knees. not the actual martial arts training.

and thanks. my right roundhouse is my best weapon.

Love the flow and the right kick.
You don't pivot as much on your left kick.
Could be worth it if it's a liver shot

I get good power on my left kick. but my knee is still not 100 % good.

Back