Short MMA Shorts?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Treadfether, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Treadfether

Treadfether White Belt

I was just wandering if anyone knew of any brands whose shorts come higher up the leg thatn normal? ie Just above the knee - mid thigh. I'm more used to wear Thai style shorts but obviously these aren't great for MMA training.
    Thanks in advance guys

2. bubkusjones

bubkusjones Brown Belt

I'm assuming you're not interested in vale tudo shorts, as they're usually on the smaller side (length wise).

You could always take some normal length shorts and hem them down to the length you like. Quite a few of the fighters from The Ultimate Fighter: Live season did this.

3. Treadfether

Treadfether White Belt

Yeah, lets just say I don't quite the right... "body type" for Vale Tudo Shorts ;)

4. mnstrchld

mnstrchld Guest

jaco resurgence - awesome shorts which fit just above the knee. order them true to size, theyre amazing!

5. KLwinn

KLwinn White Belt

Jaco. Just above the knee and they're very light and comfortable.

6. TylerRyan

TylerRyan Blue Belt

Oh, hey, why not.... I'll throw in my vote for the Jaco Resurgence. They're on the shorter side, for sure. They're also extremely comfortable and have very little restriction on leg movement.

Possible cons: The shorts material is very stretchy... so if you ever grab your own shorts in a bad position, you're likely to be disappointed.

They're also not lying when they say order true to size... for example, if you're a 33, don't think you can get away with ordering a 32. The resurgence shorts have a unique closure system that is very snug. No worries about the shorts coming off in competition though :)

7. Ice 9 Cobra

Ice 9 Cobra Black Belt

Form shorts are above the knee. So are title mma, but I can't recommend them (mine tore really fast)

8. mitchard

mitchard White Belt

I just got a couple pairs of Clinch Gear "Signature Ringside" shorts and they are just about the knee. Really comfy and flexible thanks to the panels.

9. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

[​IMG]

I have these in black too. These will definitely be above your knees.

10. TylerRyan

TylerRyan Blue Belt

[QUOTE=cintur

11. zomoplata

zomoplata Green Belt

My rvca shorts are really short and they don't have those slits in the legs. Really heavy duty materials, well built.

12. situation4life

situation4life Orange Belt

clinch gear are right above the knee for me. koral shorts are short as well.

13. gsmd

gsmd Yellow Belt

Jaco shorts. The ones with the filipino crest on them are shorter than the usual shorts

14. FightEasy

FightEasy White Belt

Hi Guys,

Just to add to this thread we manufacture and supply Short MMA Shorts here in the UK.

The FightEasy Short MMA Shorts are a change from the regular longer fitting board shorts, the Fight Easy Fightwear design is made in a new shorter cut as images show.

Its made of 4-way streachable non wicking, anti bacterial material that gives the wearer greater comfort and give when needed for high kicks.

They are available in Red Blue and Black. The new cut is a great inovative concept to push MMA even further.

http://www.facebook.com/FighteasyFightwear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfXKJrlbVgI

Cheers Jase @ Fight Easy Fightwear
    Tel :07800 645 813 or 01743 588956
    [email protected]
    :icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

I have just started on new site this is it so far

http://www.shortmmashorts.com/

15. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

Booster makes a really nice short length MMA style short but I've only seen it on European retail sites. A lot of Kickboxers wear them.

16. The HoneyBadger**

The HoneyBadger** Green Belt

Theres nothing wrong with wearing satin Muay Thai trunks. I use them from time to time when we are doing heavier striking days. They do fine when you are grappling though. You should look into Vale Tudo style shorts. They are awesome.