short aggressive and powerful fighteres

done85hot

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
im big fan of watching Ruslan Provodnikov and old Mike Tyson fights. both guys are fairly short for their wight class and also have KO power. I like watch how they get on the inside and throw hooks.
can you guys give me some more examples of fighters like this.

Dwight Muhammad Qawi. First fight with Holyfield is a classic.

Frankie Warren, Dwight Qawi, Rocky Marciano,Mike Tyson, Frank The animal Fletcher it's interesting but when you look at the middleweights of Robinson's era, most of them were 5-6 or 5-7. Lamotta, Graciano, Basilio,Fullmer. Little guys all.

Duran, particularly at LW

duran wasn't a short lightweight, he was listed at 5-7, that's about average. I do think he was a small lightweight, a guy who maybe could have made 130. Makes it more amazing that he went up in weight so far.

I'd also point out that hard fighting aggressive guys have short primes. They burn out very fast, either mentally or physically or both. I don't really know. But the hard aggressors burn out fast. In fact, I thought Pac would be fried by now because of his intensity, in this age, it's just not the same.

duran wasn't a short lightweight, he was listed at 5-7, that's about average. I do think he was a small lightweight, a guy who maybe could have made 130. Makes it more amazing that he went up in weight so far.

yeah ow that I think of it, you're right. He was by no stretch of the imagination, but he wasn't "short." regardless, he fought with a lot of that infighting intensity that TS seems to be looking for. He was like that at the higher wieght classes to to some extent, but he boxed more there.

Jack Dempsey, Mike Tyson, David Tua, Naseem Hamed, and Hector Camacho were incredible explosive short boxers. Camacho was listed at 5' 6'' and I met him in real life. He had to be closer to 5' 4''.

Jack Dempsey, Mike Tyson, David Tua, Naseem Hamed, and Hector Camacho were incredible explosive short boxers. Camacho was listed at 5' 6'' and I met him in real life. He had to be closer to 5' 4''.

you met my idol? how was he to you? I wouldn't doubt him being 5-4, some of his early fights list him a 5-5, later they listed him as 5-6 and 5-7. He's a good guy to study for fighting tall opponents, he regularly fought guys 5-10 and 5-11 and handled them pretty good.

you met my idol? how was he to you? I wouldn't doubt him being 5-4, some of his early fights list him a 5-5, later they listed him as 5-6 and 5-7. He's a good guy to study for fighting tall opponents, he regularly fought guys 5-10 and 5-11 and handled them pretty good.

I met him at a restaurant in New York called Tito Puentes Restaurant. Great food. Hector must have walked into the restaurant with a 10-15 man entourage. They took about 3 tables and ordered a lot of sea food and beer. My brother looked at me and said, "I think Camacho just walked into the restaurant." I am actually one of the few kids at high school who had the Camacho hair cut with the big curl coming down the forehead. LOL In other words, I was super excited.

He came to our table and took pictures with my brother and I. I asked him if he was the fastest boxer ever and he said, "I think so." He just laughed. We didn't get to talk for more than a few seconds before everyone mobbed him. However, he was super friendly with everyone. I wish I would have gotten an auto graph but I'll settle for the picture. I'll post it up when I find it.

Ricky Hatton? Guy was 5'6 at 140, IIRC. He fought like it.

I'd also point out that hard fighting aggressive guys have short primes. They burn out very fast, either mentally or physically or both. I don't really know. But the hard aggressors burn out fast. In fact, I thought Pac would be fried by now because of his intensity, in this age, it's just not the same.

Adding the right hand to the arsenal extended Manny's career by a large margin. Also, his overall fight I.Q. has improved over time, so he's more thoughtful in his approach.

I met him at a restaurant in New York called Tito Puentes Restaurant. Great food. Hector must have walked into the restaurant with a 10-15 man entourage. They took about 3 tables and ordered a lot of sea food and beer. My brother looked at me and said, "I think Camacho just walked into the restaurant." I am actually one of the few kids at high school who had the Camacho hair cut with the big curl coming down the forehead. LOL In other words, I was super excited.

He came to our table and took pictures with my brother and I. I asked him if he was the fastest boxer ever and he said, "I think so." He just laughed. We didn't get to talk for more than a few seconds before everyone mobbed him. However, he was super friendly with everyone. I wish I would have gotten an auto graph but I'll settle for the picture. I'll post it up when I find it.

goddamn, what a story, you're so lucky. I've been mourning off and on since he got shot, I know it is irrational and crazy but when you've modeled so much of yourself after someone it's a huge loss. I was facebook friends, suggested he sell t-shirts, he did, I bought 3 and I have an autograph which is one of my most prized possessions. I'd say Hector is up there in the top group of fast fighters, fighters who aren't just fast but inhumanly fast, not too many are in that group and no one did it like him. I hate how things turned out for him, in his life and career. At the end, no one seems to remember just how highly touted he once was. Just me, and I tried to convey that to him as best as possible.

Yeah at LW he wasn't short. But at WW he was a little bit below average and most fo the time fought aller guys and at MW he was really short.

Beisde the fighters named: Joe frazier, David Tua, Azumah Nelson, Holyfield at HW was on the shorter side, Aaron Pryor, in most fights Floyd Patterson, Archie Moore at HW, Denis Lebedev, Cotto in some fights at 147 at 154 beside the Floyd fight and of course his latest fight vs Martinez

Adding the right hand to the arsenal extended Manny's career by a large margin. Also, his overall fight I.Q. has improved over time, so he's more thoughtful in his approach.

I don't think his I.Q. has improved. He just has added more to his repertoire than a 1-2. He still struggles with fighters that can adjust or force him to adjust. Marquez in my opinion always was a struggle for him because of his fight I.Q.

In my opinion, if the fight ever happens with Mayweather it will be a boring lopsided decision that will leave people thinking Pac is done but in actuality he never had nothing to offer Mayweather other than a punchers chance.

Back