Shooto material?

matthewrayatx

White Belt
Reaction score
This my first time on the forum. Glad to be here!

I've been looking into shooto for a while now but unfortunately there is little to no information on its techniques/combinations. I've seen yori nakamura's videos on youtube but would like to know If anyone on here has a good source that they can point me to that would have shooto's grappling combinations (lock flow) and other techniques. So far I am familiar with shootos grappling combinations 1 and 2 but as i've read erik paulson say, there is a total of 10 lock flows from shooto. Any information is appreciated!

Thanks!

Pretty much Nakamura's and Paulson's stuff is your best source. I also liked Fujiwara's DVD. There was a lot of different set ups that I picked up from his DVD. I know on YouTube there is a video of Rumina Sato showing a nice heel hook set up and some stuff that Yuki Nakai demonstrates for his no gi videos are very much Shooto influenced.

And btw

You want paulson's materials more than any others ; his fusion of bjj snd shooto(catch) is unsurpassed.

He really sees grappling as a toolbox: every technique has a place and a use, never try to use a screwdriver when what u really need is a hammer...so be smart enough to have all the tools.

I just wish I could find an official source of Shooto lock flows laid out in a systematic manner. I know paulson has an ebook that supposedly explains shooto combinations 1-5 but i have to purchase his 2005 csw camp to get it.

After hearing dan explain his roots on this forum to Josh barnet, I am not sure if I can trust his material. That's not to say he isn't good at what he does but I personally like to know my sources are legit.

Back