shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkaki

White Belt
Reaction score
how do i do conditioning for shooting? how to do it faster? and how to finish?

i can already shot for the take down but i go right thru...im wondering how to lift the guy up

Work on technique first, as it sounds like you need to do this.

Change levels, get underneath him, and lift with your legs. Be explosive (after you learn the technique that is) and during the penetration step try to step through them. The best thing for you to do is to find a wrestler where you live and have him teach you in person, its not something you can learn reading about. And keep practicing it too. It's not something you will be comfortable with overnight.

Also try asking this in the grappling form.

Work on technique first, as it sounds like you need to do this.

Change levels, get underneath him, and lift with your legs. Be explosive (after you learn the technique that is) and during the penetration step try to step through them. The best thing for you to do is to find a wrestler where you live and have him teach you in person, its not something you can learn reading about. And keep practicing it too. It's not something you will be comfortable with overnight.

Also try asking this in the grappling form.

ok i will ask there...but i got the tech in the shoot...ut my prob is i just go thru to take the guy down...i wana learn how to lift...
and the reason for asking it here coz i also want to learn a few exercises to help me increase speed and power for the shoot,,,wrestling is not a popular sport in my country so its quite hard to find one... thanks for the advice btw

You won`t be able to lift the guy unless you get right under him. For most guys it isn`t a matter of strenght but rather technique, timing and luck.

It doesn't take a heck of a lot of strength to pick a guy up on a double leg. I've seen small women do this to much larger men. If you can't do it, it's a technique problem.

Also, rules/FAQs.

No bullshit, I thought this was about firearms steadiness at first... too much top shot.

In after the close!

No bullshit, I thought this was about firearms steadiness at first... too much top shot.

In after the close!

In after the close!

I thought I was the only one in world who actually watched that show.

My buddy turned me onto it. So you're One of three, including myself as far as I know. Which is apparently all it takes to get a second season. But its gotta be at least a little popular, they're recruiting from a firearms forum I lurk at and there's a vid out there suggesting nutnfancy try out for the show, so somebodys watching. 2nd amendment enthusiasts will support their niche no matter how poorly conceived or boring it is to onlookers.

And the trickshot episode was cool! Fun shit to try that'll be sure to piss off your local range master.

I also thought I was the only person in the world who knew who nutnfancy was. LOL.

Truly, I think the challenges are extremely cheesey and that a great concept ("Ultimate Fighter," but with guns) was rather poorly executed, but you're right, it's nice to see shooters competing on a mainstream network, and that's enough to get me to watch it.

(Am I also the only one who thinks the History Channel counts as a "mainstream network?")

Nutnfancy has a HUGE following. I have a subscription to his channel and while I've learned his systems don't exactly mimic my own paradigm (and he's a huge glock fanboy) his gear reviews are great and far reaching... uhh... maybe we should reopen the thread. Best discussion I've had on here in a while.

I'm pretty interested in season 2 actually. I think there'll be a better crop of shooters. Like when kelly knocked that pistol expert out of competition in the fuse shootout? Wtf was that shit? These guys are cracking under the pressure of being on screen. Not that I wouldn't too, but I'm not ontv doin it.

And I dunno, I watch it on hulu.

Nutnfancy has a HUGE following. I have a subscription to his channel and while I've learned his systems don't exactly mimic my own paradigm (and he's a huge glock fanboy) his gear reviews are great and far reaching... uhh... maybe we should reopen the thread. Best discussion I've had on here in a while.

I'm pretty interested in season 2 actually. I think there'll be a better crop of shooters. Like when kelly knocked that pistol expert out of competition in the fuse shootout? Wtf was that shit? These guys are cracking under the pressure of being on screen. Not that I wouldn't too, but I'm not ontv doin it.

And I dunno, I watch it on hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back