Shootfighting/Strength/Stretching log

Didn´t train today since I had to catch a bus. I´m going to help some relatives move this weekend so I won´t be training but I´ll be doing some serious furniture-lifting at least.

happy easter...

get right back to training as soon as you are back and it shoud not be aney noticabel diffrent if your only gone a few days

Today:
I just came home from my grandma and I

Tuesday 04-12-2006

Found out today that there won

Went shopping with my girlfriend today for 6 hours and I really don

Shootfighting session:
Time: 1h, 50 mins
Sub-wrestling:
Submissions: 3 and got submitted 5 times
Takedowns: Started on the ground
Stand-up:
None
Comments:
Felt strange training shootfighting without being sore from lifting weights but it felt good. Today was as I said special training and there was only one other guy apart from me from the continuers-group there. The rest were from the advanced and competition-groups so rolling today was very very hard. I learned a lot though and even though I got my butt kicked a couple of times, I got in a few nice techniques.

Stretching:
Time: 20 mins
Comments:

Sleep: 6

Friday-Saturday-Sunday

As I said earlier I had no training this week unfortunately and I didn´t do much at home besides stretching because I had to study so much.

I´ll get back on track on Tuesday. I plan on studying all Monday since I got no school then either and therefore won´t have access to the gym anyway.

Monday 04-17-2006

Stretched a lot today and it felt really good.. other than that I didn´t do much but studying.

Shootfighting session:
Time: 1h, 45 mins
Sub-wrestling:
Submissions: Only positional sparring..
Takedowns: Started from half-guard
Stand-up: None
Comments:
We drilled a lot of different leg-locks today which was both very educational and very fun. In the end we rolled around a little with the newbies but there were no beginners left for me and another guy so we got to roll. He outweighed me by nearly 30 kilo so it was a real challenge but as we only rolled for positions I felt okay because when we roll for real most big guys only look to crank my neck. Even though he spent a little more time on spot my guard-game felt fine. Overall everything went very very good today.

Stretching:
Time: 20 min
Comments: Some quality-stretching. My hips are still in pain when stretching but it

Wednesday 04-19-2006

Rolling session with friend:
Time: 1h
Sub-wrestling:
Submissions: Got 1 submission but he didn

Thursday 04-20-2006

Shootfighting session:
Time: 2h
Sub-wrestling:
Submissions: None
Takedowns: Started on the ground
Stand-up: Some light sparring
Comments:
It went pretty good. I out-boxed some of the better guys and grappled with a very skilled guy in our group who weighs about 6 kilos more than me. We

Friday 04-21-2006

Time: 45 mins
Sub-wrestling: None
Submissions: None
Takedowns: None
Stand-up: Bagwork
Comments:
My bud

I got my monthly cold today and I feel like shit. It sucks and I can't train today.

A year ago I never got sick. Now I´ve got the flue or a cold every other day.

sorry to interupt, but about your "monthly" colds. i used to get that too, i thought it was just a part of teaching kids, the snotty noses. but i noticed the "snotty nose" would last longer than the real symptoms of a cold, such as body aches, tiredness etc. turned out it wasn't a cold every month, it was a combination of rhinitis and sinusitis. look it up on emedicine.com
i got alot of information from there when i was living overseas, told my doctor via email, and he sent me some prescription medicine called "flonase". it cleared it up after a few days, and now instead of having a "cold" every few weeks, it rarely happens at all. i thought it was natural to get a cold every month, but it's really not, almost impossible unless you have a super weak immune system. but the sinus condition can also make it easier for you to catch a cold, thus worsening your sinus condition...leading to a pattern of colds, sinus problems, and a cold again.

oyaji poi said:
sorry to interupt, but about your "monthly" colds. i used to get that too, i thought it was just a part of teaching kids, the snotty noses. but i noticed the "snotty nose" would last longer than the real symptoms of a cold, such as body aches, tiredness etc. turned out it wasn't a cold every month, it was a combination of rhinitis and sinusitis. look it up on emedicine.com
i got alot of information from there when i was living overseas, told my doctor via email, and he sent me some prescription medicine called "flonase". it cleared it up after a few days, and now instead of having a "cold" every few weeks, it rarely happens at all. i thought it was natural to get a cold every month, but it's really not, almost impossible unless you have a super weak immune system. but the sinus condition can also make it easier for you to catch a cold, thus worsening your sinus condition...leading to a pattern of colds, sinus problems, and a cold again.

Thanks for the information! I will check it up. I wanna be able to train as I used to and not have to start all over again because of these "colds"

Saturday-Sunday-Monday-Tuesday

Been lying in bed feeling sorry for my self for four days now and it sucks big time. I´m starting to feel better though..

Time: 1h
Sub-wrestling:
Submissions: No sparring
Takedowns:
Stand-up: Got instructions.
Comments:
Since I

Thursday

Lifted weights for about 2 hours but it went so bad I won´t even mention it here or count it as training. I felt tired and I´m still snotty and coughs whenever I activate myself. Tomorrow is what we swedes call "hat-onputting" =), where we last-year students put on our final-exam-hats and go out and get drunk. And from now on this is what the rest of the semester will look like and even though I´ll train as much as I can when I´m healthy, there will be a lot of days when I can´t due to school/festivities.
For example we're going to Poland in two weeks to visit Auschwitz and Krakow for about five days.

I'm back :D..
It's been more than a year since I last made a training log but now I'll continue and hopefully get some increased results because of it.
I'm now only lifting weights because I've been so busy this semester but hopefully I'll continue training shootfighting this fall.

Right now I weigh about 189-190 pounds (86 kilos) and I'm still 6,0 feet tall (183cm)

Starting tomorrow I'll for my own sake cover my lifting, my running and my stretching. In some form which i havn't really decided yet, I'll also cover my eating.

As before, I'd love to hear your opinions about my training regimen.

Back