Shootfighting/Strength/Stretching log

I´ve only trained since August but right now I´m aiming for a Submission Wrestling-tournament in April. What I´ve heard there isn´t any particular match-up system in that tournament besides weight so I´ll probably face a lot more experienced guys.
But you gotta start somewhere so I´m still considering it.

My instructors got a pretty wide net of connections so if I one day become a really good fighter, I have no doubt I´ll be able to fight in the bigger organisations in Europe to start off with. From there we´ll see. Right now I´m at the MMA-fetus stage ;)

Thanks for the tips and complements. Really appreciate it.

Rolling session with friend:
Time: 1h
Sub-wrestling:
Submissions: Positional Wrestling
Takedowns: Got taken down once but didn

Stickan_swe said:
gaaah
Got any credible sources for this?
I really need to stretch both for grappling and kicking...

The thing is that I have heard/read it a couple of times over the past 10 years...but most recent in something Pavel wrote...can

Shootfighting session:
Time: 1h, 40 mins
Sub-wrestling:
Submissions: 2, didn

I don't think you need to do 3 bicep exercises anyway, 2 will be more than plenty.

Thursday 03-23-2006

Shootfighting session:
Time: 2 h
Sub-wrestling:
Submissions: Only rolling for position
Takedowns: Started in guard
Stand-up: None

Comments:
We drilled double-legs, passing and controlling the opposite arm. It went very very well. We had this contest where we would pair up with someone our size (got a guy around 80-85). One was down on both of his knees with his hands on the other guy

Feature how does your training routine look like?

why´s that? was it you who had a broken arm or something? think I read about something like that in another sherdoggers log..

Yeah, 'twas me. Won't be long (hopefully) before I can start wrasslin' and liftin' again.

By the way, do you have MSN Messenger? Cause if you do, we could sling bull using that, too.

sure, it´ll be easier for me to keep track on when and how I´ve trained too if the thread isn´t bombarded with regular posts..

I seriously need a new partner. My buddy was too hung-over today to train.

Gym session:
Legs, Abs, Heavy benchpressing, Biceps:
Heavy benchpress: 3x3 on 90kg
Squats: 6x1, 4x1, 2x1 on 90kg +5kg
Stationary lunges: 16x4 on 17,5kg dumbells +2,5kg
Front leg curls: 8x4 on 50kg +5kg
Sit-ups: 30x3 +-0
Barbell curls: 8x3 on 32kg +-0
Strict incline dumbell curl: 16x1

Comments:
I felt horrible. I had no energy and it feels like I

My ribs still hurt like hell so I decided to let them take a day off today.
Today is the first real day of spring and the weather is great so I went out jogging in the woods with my dog for an hour. My legs were all sore and stiff but it was really really nice to get out a little.

Sunday 03-26-2006

Today:
Stretching, Shadow-boxing

Weekly sum-up:
Training: 5/7 days. Been training pretty hard but my rolling-partner has quit on me a few times now.
Stretching: 6/7 days. God I must be the stiffest person alive. My groin area hurts when I throw lowkicks
Nutrition: 7/7 days :D. Been eating a lot and finally FINALLY GAINED WEIGHT!!

Goals for next week:
I

Monday 03-27-2006

Rolling session with friend:
Time: 50 mins
Sub-wrestling: None
Submissions:
Takedowns:
Stand-up: 50 mins of bagwork.
Comments:
My friend let me down once again but I didn

Tuesday 03-28-2006

Shootfighting session:
Time: 1h, 50mins
Sub-wrestling: No sparring
Submissions:
Takedowns:
Stand-up: No sparring

Comments:
Went okay today, nothing special. Me and a guy my size agreed to box and grapple a bit after training on thursday since we both got the time to then. I

Back