Shogun's Power?

SexyAsianGuy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Even though Shogun looked better yesterday than he had in a while, his power didn't seem to be all that great.

He hit Diet Nog flush with looping punches and body kicks but didn't wobble him. Shogun was never a monstrous puncher like Rumble but I remember him hurting guys badly with clean shots in his winning days.

Has his power declined?

Looked better than when? (Maybe Coleman fight?) He looked like shit, this is from someone who has been watching his fights since 2003.

Not impressed with either guy last night, or Big Nog for that matter. Shogun and both Nogs need to walk away with their legacies intact before any of them get seriously hurt.

Those kicks looked nasty, but the punches didn't have the same snap they used to. His power has only just began to deteriorate, though, he KTFO'd Te Huna and hurt Hendo very badly in the rematch, almost finished him before the Hail-Mary H-Bomb IIRC.

He ko'd te huna if that counts for anything

shogun.ko_.tehuna.gif

His punches were super sloppy and partly arm punches. That's why Roach jokingly said that Shogun punched "like a girl" when first held pads for him but Shogun only worked with Roach for a few weeks a year ago so he probably didn't keep any of the changes he made with Roach.
The te Huna fight was the fight eh traiend with Roach for. But also te Huna jumped straight into Shogun's fist, face forward

Shogun hasn't been in shape for a while now... really big fan... makes me really sad. I think he can't train like he used to cause of the surgeries...

Shogun hasn't been in shape for a while now... really big fan... makes me really sad. I think he can't train like he used to cause of the surgeries...
His leg kicks last night were certainly not the monster leg kicks we saw against Machida, that's for sure.

Even though Shogun looked better yesterday than he had in a while, his power didn't seem to be all that great.

He hit Diet Nog flush with looping punches and body kicks but didn't wobble him. Shogun was never a monstrous puncher like Rumble but I remember him hurting guys badly with clean shots in his winning days.

Has his power declined?

I think it was a combination of his power declining and being out of shape. He was tagging Nog clean with those shots, and while Nog looks like he still has a chin, I have to think the Shogun of yesteryear would have put him away easily.

Shogun looked better when he lost to Henderson x 2, but it's what happens in mma.

I think his power is still there but he can't rely on his chin like he use to be able to do. He gets rocked too fast.

He was just throwing shots from weird angle
Can't generate enough power like that
His technique was poor and he got tired

As much as I was rooting for him I thought he lost that fight.

Past his prime. Washed up. Him, lil Nog, Rampage, Evans, Machida, all those guys are feeling the effects of Father Time.

Past his prime. Washed up. Him, lil Nog, Rampage, Evans, Machida, all those guys are feeling the effects of Father Time.
I think that war with weidman took out too much. Unless he finds that man that give us the shad face
2579662-5594-rec.jpg
His title contention days are done and scrub killer machida lives on.

I thought Nog won that fight TBH but they both looked better than expected.

Back