Shogun's insanely under-rated performance against Gus in gifs!

Shogun was a different man. You don't see it looking at his "shape". You see it on his face. Before he even walked to the cage to face OSP you could see he had already lost.

According to Shogun fans, he hit Gus in the face, so it was close.
My fucking god. GO AWAY

I still consider Shogun a legend and he's always "much watch" for me... that being said... he's 6-8 in the UFC. He peaked before he came to the UFC. theres no shame in that. If anything, I think that it's pretty amazing that he's fighting the way he has been on the downside of his career.

Gus has a chin on him that's for sure

Reality and FACTS state other wise

The gifs, punch stats etc

This is why Shogun haters ARE THE WORST

He was nearly doubled up on Sig strikes (41 to 72), total strikes was a blow out (51 to 128), taken down 6 times to 1, and he spent most of the fight back pedaling and covering up while eating shots. He was out classed. Revisionist gonna revision. This is not 2005-06 and Shogun will never be that good again.

I'm a huge shogun fan. Have been for at least 10 years! But seriously!? I didn't think the gus fight was even close! Ya he had a couple good moments but overall Gus outclassed shogun and showed that the division has moved past him. It's sad but true.

That wasn't a knockdown. Shogun caught his leg kick, punched him and then took him down off it. That's why it was scored a takedown and not a knockdown, even though Gus was only on one leg so it didn't really tell us anything about his takedown defense at the time.
---
On topic, TS, I agree that nobody gives Shogun much credit these days. They were saying that Shogun looked bad in that fight with Gus but he looked good no doubt. He was reinvigorated and motivated to get his belt back. Not the slow, lethargic looking Shogun coming off injury that fought Jones.

I thought it was a knock down

Neither Sonnen or OSP are "sub par"

Sonnen was 29-14 against very good competition.

Shogun is 22-10. Do you see him him going 7-4 if he makes it 11 more fights?

And don't compare Shogun to Ali. Jeezus.

The level of competition is KEY

Sonnen's biggest win ever is Shogun. Sonnen hasnt beaten any one else really. Even Shogun's lower tier wins over Te Huna and Vera smoke Sonnen's "best wins"

Also, OSP absolutely is subpar. He was OUT CLASSED by Mousasi. Just recently OSP was OUT CLASSED by Bader. The same Bader who Machida beat and Shogun destroyed Machida. This is just to illustrate the point that Shogun was always at a much higher level than OSP, until injuries slowed Shogun down

We know youre a Shogun hater, BUT the fact REMAINS Shogun is one of the greatest fighters of all time...hell yes, i can and will compare him to Ali....you especially missed the context of what I said too...no suprise you Shogun haters are not bright... I was simply saying, boxing fans dont shit on Ali for his terrible losses at the end of his career, yet for some reason "ufc fans" want to shit on Shogun for his losses at the end of his career.. its actually an even more relevant example considering HOW accomplished Shogun is and the fact haters want to pretend that losses defined his career

Cannot believe the chin on Gus in that second gif

Literally ran right into a clean power overhand right from shogun right on the chin and acted as if nothing happened

Yeah he literally responds with a punch of his own less than 1 second later, refusing to show weakness. He's a fuckin' warrior.

I thought it was a knock down…..didnt know they ruled that a takedown, but I guess that makes sense.

Well….you know how it is, Shogun gets a KO win and he's got some credibility back.

When Gustafsson knocked him down in the 1st they didn't score it as a knockdown either, since Gustafsson more off-balanced him than anything.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/3b1aed7d00a775c6

Am I to understand that TS is trying to form a case for Shogun being under-rated on this forum?

tumblr_mbp3uwkbyC1qzfi4n.gif

Sonnen's biggest win ever is Shogun. Sonnen hasnt beaten any one else really. Even Shogun's lower tier wins over Te Huna and Vera smoke Sonnen's "best wins"

Also, OSP absolutely is subpar. He was OUT CLASSED by Mousasi. Just recently OSP was OUT CLASSED by Bader. The same Bader who Machida beat and Shogun destroyed Machida. This is just to illustrate the point that Shogun was always at a much higher level than OSP, until injuries slowed Shogun down

Actually, Sonnen best win is his triangle loss against Silva.
Just as Gustafsson's and Hendrick's best wins are their respective decision losses to the champs.

We know youre a Shogun hater, BUT the fact REMAINS Shogun is one of the greatest fighters of all time...hell yes, i can and will compare him to Ali....you especially missed the context of what I said too...no suprise you Shogun haters are not bright... I was simply saying, boxing fans dont shit on Ali for his terrible losses at the end of his career, yet for some reason "ufc fans" want to shit on Shogun for his losses at the end of his career.. its actually an even more relevant example considering HOW accomplished Shogun is and the fact haters want to pretend that losses defined his career

Ali had 2 losses at the end of his career, when he was near 40 and already on Parkinson's meds.

Shogun was in his mid 20's when he came to the UFC and lost 8 times, and looked like poop against a mid 40's Mark Coleman.

The fact that you insist Sonnen and OSP are so bad, yet think Shogun has something left, yet still lost to them....you are getting your excuses, praises, revision all conflated and can't spin an accurate fiction here.

Shogun was a different man. You don't see it looking at his "shape". You see it on his face. Before he even walked to the cage to face OSP you could see he had already lost.
I saw it too my brother. I knew something was wrong. Shogun was walking out to go fight OSP with no expression or anything what so ever. That was that same injuried zombified Shogun who Forrest and Jones beat

I really WANT to know what injuries Shogun carried into the OSP fight because there was something clearly WAYYY off with Shogun that night

Just look at the way Shogun effectively closed distance against Gus and was able to land against Gus, whos a far superior, longer, more atheltic, more skilled striker than OSP.

Its a NIGHT and day difference comparing it to the way Shogun just walked into OSP like a walking zombie with NO commitment. There was definitely something very off and wrong with Shogun that night. Was very suspicious. I hope one day Eduardo (Shogun's manager) can discuss the full details of all the fuckery that took place.

Im 100% positive Shogun carried an injury into that fight and was forced to fight anyway, plus the short notice BS and everything etc

In my opinion that OSP fight doesn't hold any relevance to me

He was nearly doubled up on Sig strikes (41 to 72), total strikes was a blow out (51 to 128), taken down 6 times to 1, and he spent most of the fight back pedaling and covering up while eating shots. He was out classed. Revisionist gonna revision. This is not 2005-06 and Shogun will never be that good again.

Ya

Back