Shogun wants to regain 'top 5' spot after Rashad win.

IF Shad' comes in even close to the shape he was when fighting Tito, he'll crush Shogun

And I'm a huge Shogun fan

hard to believe these days that LHW, was once one of the most exciting divisions with some of the verry best fighters and prospects in mma.

The division lost a lot when Rampage, Shad, Machida, and Shogun fell. I mean, that's literally 4 of the previous top 5 LHW there at one time.

I dont think the Rashad win will do that, he's ranked 8th and Rashad is 7th so he will jump over Rashad. There is still OSP and Bader ranked ahead as well. Shogun will have to win two fights to make the top 5, and maybe some help if the guys ahead lose

I think the rules on ranking should be slightly different when talking about aging legends. If a younger fighter was in Shogun's current place, then sure it would take at least 2 wins to crack top 5.

But come on man, how many more fights could Shogun possibly have in him? I have zero problem with him leapfrogging over OSP or Bader because you can't waste Shogun's last few fights on guys that don't matter, dont have a name or aren't even top 5. Shogun and other aging legends have earned the right to get a slightly easier path to the big fights, imo.

Always rooting for Shogun but he is almost done, too much damage. Ill never forget all the great fights he has given us.

I have a hard time picking the winner of this fight. Shogun looked great against Hendo 2 but made a mistake and lost. Looked terrible against Sonnen and OSP. I don't recall his fight with Lil Nog but beating Lil Nog is not an achievement nowadays. Rashad on the other hand looked like his former self against Sonnen but has other than that looked terrible ever since losing the title.

I've always been a Shogun fan but he has made it very in the recent years. Not because of his losses and decline, but because of his lack of commitment to the sport (always coming in a bit overweight) and not joining a new gym which would probably help him a lot. He also is too small for LHW. I remember back in the Pride days, Shogun said that he never has a gameplan - he just goes in there and finds openings, whether it's a takedown to GNP his opponent or to knock them out. I wouldn't be surprised if he still doesn't do proper game planning. It worked back in the days but competition is a lot tougher now and Shogun has not really evolved in the last 10 years or so. I rarely say this but it's time for him to either retire or commit 100% to the sport which would mean getting in shape, dropping down to MW and change camps.

No dog in this fight. Neither will ever touch a belt even at their best, but they are two legends and I just hope they put on an entertaining scrap.
The one way I see it is if Rockhold gets cocky, tries to grapple Jacare, gets submitted, then Shogun goes to 185 and fights Jacare for the title and wins.

Picking Rashad by decision but hoping for a Shogun ko.

He's been ranked top 10 for the passed several years and never left, the lowest Shogun was ranked was #9 and he was ranked #7 after the Rogerio win. He is currently 7 on mmaweekly and 8 on UFC official rankings

So go ahead and talk
Not on here...so go talk on those sites about it.

No dog in this fight. Neither will ever touch a belt even at their best, but they are two legends and I just hope they put on an entertaining scrap.
They both already had the belt???? Wtf r u talking about??? Maybe never AGAIN but at their best they both would have a shot

Can't see either guy beating Jones, DC, Rumble, Gus, Glover, Bader, or even OSP at this point.

This is just a fun fight and that's all these two need to be doing at this stage, taking fun fights against other legends.

His in the top ten currently 8, how about you check for facts before typing your dumbass comments
Ah yes, the UFC rankings...Where Patrick Cummins is a Top 10.

[Edit]

I guess it also helps not adding the Champ as #1 and all the people who beat him are not in there anymore. Maybe if Cormier and Jones move up and Gus quits he can be the Champ by default.

Ah yes, the UFC rankings...Where Patrick Cummins is a Top 10.
Dose he fight for sherdog or the UFC?? Ooo wait it's the ufc silly me. Any other ranking doesn't mean shit unless you fight outside the UFC

Dose he fight for sherdog or the UFC?? Ooo wait it's the ufc silly me. Any other ranking doesn't mean shit unless you fight outside the UFC
UFC Rankings are a popularity contest...
JDS loses and moves ^1
Anderson ^3
Condit is ranked higher than Hendricks

I guess it's nice to know that somewhere out there Kimbo Slice could be considered a Top 5...we just don't count all the other world class fighters.

UFC Rankings are a popularity contest...
JDS loses and moves ^1
Anderson ^3
Condit is ranked higher than Hendricks

I guess it's nice to know that somewhere out there Kimbo Slice could be considered a Top 5...we just don't count all the other world class fighters.
I don't always agree with the way the UFC dose their rankings, but if u think Hendrix should be above condit, ur crazy. Shogun fights for the UFC and at the end of the day their rankings are all that matters.

Not on here...so go talk on those sites about it.

These are the official UFC rankings and thats what matters. When they UFC makes fights they base them on their ranking system and were are talking about SHogun making it back in the top 5, ufc rankings....Sherdog rankings dont matter. So like or not Shogun is and has been ranked top 10. And thanks for the suggestion, but I'll be more than happy to stay here and talk about any ranking, you dont like it leave the f$%King thread

Back