Shogun wants to regain 'top 5' spot after Rashad win.

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"I think that was a good choice. Sooner or later we would fight each other. We were supposed to fight in 2011, but it didn't work, so I think now is the right time. I'm happy with this fight. He's a good fighter, a former champion who deserves respect. That's a fight I really wanted. My goal now is to beat Rashad. I'm not thinking ahead of that fight. Whatever comes after is a consequence. I want to win this fight and get back in the Top 5, if God allows it."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/1...-rashad-evans-top-5-interview-fox-19-mma-news

No dog in this fight. Neither will ever touch a belt even at their best, but they are two legends and I just hope they put on an entertaining scrap.

I dont think the Rashad win will do that, he's ranked 8th and Rashad is 7th so he will jump over Rashad. There is still OSP and Bader ranked ahead as well. Shogun will have to win two fights to make the top 5, and maybe some help if the guys ahead lose

maybe he will turn into a unicorn too.about as likely

No dog in this fight. Neither will ever touch a belt even at their best, but they are two legends and I just hope they put on an entertaining scrap.

Is that why both of them have held a belt?

I was going to ask how Rashad is a legend but the I remembered ShadFace

It's the right attitude to have, but he and Rashad are both completely finished. My guess is the loser retires, particularly if it's Rashad.

As long as he's not struggling to regain consciousness after the fight I'll be happy.

If Shogun ever wants to be a title contender it has to be at 185.

"I think that was a good choice. Sooner or later we would fight each other. We were supposed to fight in 2011, but it didn't work, so I think now is the right time. I'm happy with this fight. He's a good fighter, a former champion who deserves respect. That's a fight I really wanted. My goal now is to beat Rashad. I'm not thinking ahead of that fight. Whatever comes after is a consequence. I want to win this fight and get back in the Top 5, if God allows it."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/1...-rashad-evans-top-5-interview-fox-19-mma-news
Shogun is awesome, always be. However, does he really think he'll get back into the top 5?

upload_2016-2-17_22-57-1.png

He means Shogun and Rashad will never be LHW champions agan. End

Im calling Shogun by beatdown TKO in this one

Weird.

"Neither will ever touch a belt even at their best"

The entire post makes zero sense.

Weird.

"Neither will ever touch a belt even at their best"

The entire post makes zero sense.
You know exactly what he meant, quit nitpicking. Maybe he didn't word it in the best possible way but you're being a dick

You know exactly what he meant, quit nitpicking. Maybe he didn't word it in the best possible way but you're being a dick

Ugh, I will nitpick whatever the fuck I want buddy. You can sit down now. Either speak in volumes or get the fuck out.

Please Shogun. Just don't get brutally finished. I'd rather a boring decision at this point. As a fan just hate seeing him get beat up now

LHW is such a strange division. The top tier few guys are so far above the rest of the field, it's depressing. After Jones, DC and Rumble, there's not much there in terms of future contenders.

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

Champion: Daniel Cormier
1 Jon Jones
2 Anthony Johnson
3 Alexander Gustafsson
4 Glover Teixeira
5 Ryan Bader
6 Ovince Saint Preux
7 Rashad Evans
8 Mauricio Rua
9 Jimi Manuwa
10 Patrick Cummins