Shogun wants Rampage too!

You dont know what youre watching. Shogun looked great. Aside from getting caught in the 1st, it WAS an "easy" 2-1 win for Shogun. What else did Nog do after that 1st round? Nothing but follow Shogun around the cage and eat counters and body kicks. Even when Nog had Shogun "on the ropes" in that 1st round Shogun was showing off some nice head movement and making Nog miss most of those follow ups, while tagging Nog with some counters

Now this doesnt mean the old Shogun is back at all. No one is saying Shogun is back. However Shogun still did have an impressive performance and clearly beat Nog. To deny that is ludacris.

Im happy Shogun got back with Cordero and hope Shogun stays with him. Many people wouldve called you crazy for saying Arlvoski could be fighting for the title after Arlovski had been KOd 2x in a row....and look what happened. Just saying. Nothing is ever set in stone in MMA. As for now, this was a good win for Shogun that Shogun needed. Lets take it step by step but lets still be able to give Shogun some damn credit

I am a huge fan of Shogun and would love to believe in everything you just said.

Shogun wins if he uses kicks and movement, Rampage wins if Shogun stands in front of him and let's him bang, bro.

Shogun looked terrible. Rampage by KO sadly.

Shogun also mentioned it in the post fight press conference.
Good Fight for two guys past their primes but will still draw a good audience. I will be watching.

All in favour of Mr Mayhem meeting Mr Mayhem...yay

Good to see Shogun surrounded with the people who got him to the top again.

Rampage fight makes sense; if he loses he should think about calling it a day though. Unlike a lot of people itt I actually thought he looked pretty good last night. Sure he got hit behind the ear and was on queer street for a bit after that, but his td's were on point, top game was good, body kicks were brutal and would have dropped lesser opponents. Clearly won the last 2 rds and was winning the 1st until he got caught.

mma is weird

Rampage as I expected was never going to knock out Fabio... but against Shogun he probably will

The last time Rampage knocked out a solid fighter was Wanderlei back in 08 and even then Wanderlei was literally finished

WAR Shogun anyway

If he works on his cardio, and defence he has a good chance, Rampage isn't going to come out striking, he'll go for the decision, catch a kick and put Shogun on his back

In the post fight presser shogun said about Quinn Tin's challenge "any day, any time, any place" Seemed slightly personal. It makes sense for both, I'd be excited to see it

The UFC has so massively faile at attracting and building stars. It sad. Still selling ppvs on PRIDEs back and accomplishments? It's been 10 years.

Not last night. Shogun actually looked really good. His head movement and defense was sharp and much improved. Shogun's footwork was very good. Its being ignored that Shogun made Nog miss a ton of shots. All Nog really did was have that moment in that 1st. Shogun controlled and dictated most of the exchanges. Shogun was even winning that 1st round until Nog caught him

IF Shogun stays with Cordero and we see that technically sharp Shogun again, then Shogun will eat Rampage alive. Rampage has no where near the boxing accumen of Nog, plus is much more vulnerable to kicks. Shogun would dance around Rampage, utilize head movement to bob and weave all of Rampage's predictable hooks, while killing him with kicks, and eventually knocking him out on the feet once hes gased

Still, having said that, Im tired of seeing Shogun fight guys hes already beaten. Lets see some new legend match ups with Shogun

I want Shogun vs Anderson !!!!

Shogun vs Rashad could work too (Nog schooled Rashad and Rashad is just as over the hill)

Shogun vs Vitor

Shogun vs Hendo 3

I just hope Shogun can finish his career on a run

Even better would be if Shogun pulled an Arlovski! The LHW needs Shogun to have a ressurgance. Heres hoping

"I'm tired of seeing rematches"

Recommends Shogun vs Hendo 3

Lol wut?

Book it. But Shogun gets KTFO, he has no chin at all anymore.

The UFC has so massively faile at attracting and building stars. It sad. Still selling ppvs on PRIDEs back and accomplishments? It's been 10 years.

You can't mess with a superior product. Yakuza shadyness aside, they had a hell of a show with best fight rules to date.

Both are shadows of their former selves, but Shogun has fallen a lot farther than Rampage. Rampage's chin still hasn't cracked and at this point in their careers he would easily get his way out of a muay thai clinch. Rampage circa 2005 was a guy that was beasting people just by using his physical gifts and wrestling, he was totally inexperienced as far as other martial art disciplines went.

Book it. But Shogun gets KTFO, he has no chin at all anymore.

wtf are you talking about? He's been tko'd three times in 33 fights which have almost all been at an elite level, and he has no chin anymore.. okey dokey.

Correction: Shogun is 8-6-1 (robbed vs Machida and Hendo. Plus Shogun avenged the loss to Forrest)

But regardless, its not only UFC records that count or exist... psssh you "new fans" are terrible

I hope you get torn apart for that stupid post

Here, I will start.

Shogun record is 23-10 (really 24-8-1) BUT the quality of his wins, his KO percentage, and his over all accomplishments are legendary and what make him one of the greatest ever

Shogun's accomplishments:

-2005 GP champ (the greatest most stacked tourney in combat sports history and Shogun dominated it. That alone will always make Shogun a GOAT)

- UFC champ (Took out Machida when Machida was the man in MMA. One of the most significant wins in MMA/UFC history. Machida was top 5 p4p, the least hit fighter in MMA, and Shogun out struck him and beat him badly twice. It was HUGE. You probably werent even around back then to understand the significance and context of it. It was Shogun who solved the Machida puzzle and layed down the blue print for everyone else. That too alone will always make Shogun a GOAT)

- ONY PRIDE AND UFC CHAMP in LHW history.

Shogun in fact won both orgs most prestigious and major belts when they mattered the most (2005 GP. UFC Belt off Machida) Shogun is unmatched in that regard

- Wins over Prime Rampage, Prime Arona, Prime Nog, Prime Overeem, Prime Machida 2x, Over the hill Liddell, Forrest, Over the hill Coleman, Randleman, Prime Diabata, Prime Naka, Vera, Prime Te Huna

Shogun has one of ths most under rated wins list in MMA. Wins>>>>losses. You remember a great for his wins NOT his losses. Losses are irrelevant.

Shogun at his best and healthy was simply one of the grestest fighters MMA had ever seen. His record and high light reels still speak for itself however. Shogun is easily one of the greatest of all time. Healthy Shogun at his best is still my LHW GOAT. All in all, hes still widely regarded as the #2 LHW GOAT (only behind Jones)

New fan, I've been on sherdog longer than you, been watching MMA since 2005 give me a break bro.

wtf are you talking about? He's been tko'd three times in 33 fights which have almost all been at an elite level, and he has no chin anymore.. okey dokey.

A walking derelict in Lil Nog had him doing the booty dew after barely making contact with him, and he almost finished him in that round before Lil Nog's old man hip kicked in.

Glass jaws exist in MMA, and the guy has a pure glass mandible. It's irrefutable.

A walking derelict in Lil Nog had him doing the booty dew after barely making contact with him, and he almost finished him in that round before Lil Nog's old man hip kicked in.

Glass jaws exist in MMA, and the guy has a pure glass mandible. It's irrefutable.

Have you seen Rampage fight lately?

Nog and Shogun are both faster than SlowPage.

EDIT: lol@ glass jaw. noob

It's a 50/50 fight at this point. Shogun is the slowest he's ever been. He can't land that leaping left hook anymore without completely telegraphing it. Rampage is a 1, maybe 2 round fighter. So it's a toss up!

"I'm tired of seeing rematches"

Recommends Shogun vs Hendo 3

Lol wut?

Yeah that's not what he said though. He said guys Shogun has already beaten. Dan is 2-0 against Shogun.

This is definitely one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.

Yeah, the UFC has no big stars... that's why Ronda Rousey is in the process of becoming a fucking cultural icon.

Back