Shogun wants Rampage too!

Might as well. This would be a good fight for Shogun still.

Rampage is a pretty stationary target these days. Then again, Shogun is too.

Shogun also mentioned it in the post fight press conference.
Good Fight for two guys past their primes but will still draw a good audience. I will be watching.

Shogun also mentioned it in the post fight press conference.
Good Fight for two guys past their primes but will still draw a good audience. I will be watching.

Absolutely.
Nostalgia 101.
Rampage has whined for years that he went against Shogun with an injury, so it would be funny if Shogun beat him again.
Not that it would make Rampage stop from whining again

Might as well. This would be a good fight for Shogun still.

Rampage is a pretty stationary target these days. Then again, Shogun is too.

Not last night. Shogun actually looked really good. His head movement and defense was sharp and much improved. Shogun's footwork was very good. Its being ignored that Shogun made Nog miss a ton of shots. All Nog really did was have that moment in that 1st. Shogun controlled and dictated most of the exchanges. Shogun was even winning that 1st round until Nog caught him

IF Shogun stays with Cordero and we see that technically sharp Shogun again, then Shogun will eat Rampage alive. Rampage has no where near the boxing accumen of Nog, plus is much more vulnerable to kicks. Shogun would dance around Rampage, utilize head movement to bob and weave all of Rampage's predictable hooks, while killing him with kicks, and eventually knocking him out on the feet once hes gased

Still, having said that, Im tired of seeing Shogun fight guys hes already beaten. Lets see some new legend match ups with Shogun

I want Shogun vs Anderson !!!!

Shogun vs Rashad could work too (Nog schooled Rashad and Rashad is just as over the hill)

Shogun vs Vitor

Shogun vs Hendo 3

I just hope Shogun can finish his career on a run

Even better would be if Shogun pulled an Arlovski! The LHW needs Shogun to have a ressurgance. Heres hoping

Am I the only one who wants to see Shogun bow out? He is a legend but he seems to get hurt in every fight he's in now and it's only going to be bad for his brain in later years.

Sweet another zombie fight. Tonight wasn't enough for you guys.

Am I the only one who wants to see Shogun bow out? He is a legend but he seems to get hurt in every fight he's in now and it's only going to be bad for his brain in later years.

Shogun is not just a legend, Shogun is one of the greatest fighters of all time.

Not last night. Shogun actually looked really good. His head movement and defense was sharp and much improved. Shogun's footwork was very good. Its being ignored that Shogun made Nog miss a ton of shots. All Nog really did was have that moment in that 1st. Shogun controlled and dictated most of the exchanges. Shogun was even winning that 1st round until Nog caught him

IF Shogun stays with Cordero and we see that technically sharp Shogun again, then Shogun will eat Rampage alive. Rampage has no where near the boxing accumen of Nog, plus is much more vulnerable to kicks. Shogun would dance around Rampage, utilize head movement to bob and weave all of Rampage's predictable hooks, while killing him with kicks, and eventually knocking him out on the feet once hes gased

Still, having said that, Im tired of seeing Shogun fight guys hes already beaten. Lets see some new legend match ups with Shogun

Shogun vs Rashad could work too (Nog schooled Rashad and Rashad is just as over the hill)

Shogun vs Vitor

Shogun vs Hendo 3

Even better would be if Shogun pulled an Arlovski! The LHW needs Shogun to have a ressurgance. Heres hoping

Oh i wish ... but that Shogun is not coming back. He looked mediocre against a really bad opponent last night. Not shitting on diet Nog, he is a legend, but he is so deteriorated that last night should have been an easy win for Rua.

I miss Shogun...

Oh i wish ... but that Shogun is not coming back. He looked mediocre against a really bad opponent last night. Not shitting on diet Nog, he is a legend but he is so deteriorated that last night should have been an easy win for Rua.

I miss Shogun...

You dont know what youre watching. Shogun looked great. Aside from getting caught in the 1st, it WAS an "easy" 2-1 win for Shogun. What else did Nog do after that 1st round? Nothing but follow Shogun around the cage and eat counters and body kicks. Even when Nog had Shogun "on the ropes" in that 1st round Shogun was showing off some nice head movement and making Nog miss most of those follow ups, while tagging Nog with some counters

Now this doesnt mean the old Shogun is back at all. No one is saying Shogun is back. However Shogun still did have an impressive performance and clearly beat Nog. To deny that is ludacris.

Im happy Shogun got back with Cordero and hope Shogun stays with him. Many people wouldve called you crazy for saying Arlvoski could be fighting for the title after Arlovski had been KOd 2x in a row....and look what happened. Just saying. Nothing is ever set in stone in MMA. As for now, this was a good win for Shogun that Shogun needed. Lets take it step by step but lets still be able to give Shogun some damn credit

Rampage doesn't want that fight.

Shogun vs Vitor

Shogun vs Hendo 3

I would agree he looked technically better than he has for awhile but the issue is that Cordeiro can't do anything about Shogun's messed up knees and general decline in speed with age/punishment.

You look at the classic Cordeiro Shogun vs Chuck and Machida twice and what made him so dangerous was just how quick he was, a lot of his defence and offence depended on being able to move forwards and backwards very rapidly in a fashion he just hasn't been able to since that 3rd ACL surgery(and its progressively gotten worse since then albeit not as quickly). What you could say spose is that Cordeiro seems to have him fighting a bit more to his current level physically.

I think a Cordeiro Shogun could potentially go on a good run vs top 10-15 level opponents but would have trouble vs any of the top guys(Jones, Comrier, Gus, Rumble) who are still in their prime years.

No.

7-8 record in the UFC.

Don't let nostalgia cloud your judgement.
Correction: Shogun is 8-6-1 (robbed vs Machida and Hendo. Plus Shogun avenged the loss to Forrest)

But regardless, its not only UFC records that count or exist... psssh you "new fans" are terrible

I hope you get torn apart for that stupid post

Here, I will start.

Shogun record is 23-10 (really 24-8-1) BUT the quality of his wins, his KO percentage, and his over all accomplishments are legendary and what make him one of the greatest ever

Shogun's accomplishments:

-2005 GP champ (the greatest most stacked tourney in combat sports history and Shogun dominated it. That alone will always make Shogun a GOAT)

- UFC champ (Took out Machida when Machida was the man in MMA. One of the most significant wins in MMA/UFC history. Machida was top 5 p4p, the least hit fighter in MMA, and Shogun out struck him and beat him badly twice. It was HUGE. You probably werent even around back then to understand the significance and context of it. It was Shogun who solved the Machida puzzle and layed down the blue print for everyone else. That too alone will always make Shogun a GOAT)

- ONY PRIDE AND UFC CHAMP in LHW history.

Shogun in fact won both orgs most prestigious and major belts when they mattered the most (2005 GP. UFC Belt off Machida) Shogun is unmatched in that regard

- Wins over Prime Rampage, Prime Arona, Prime Nog, Prime Overeem, Prime Machida 2x, Over the hill Liddell, Forrest, Over the hill Coleman, Randleman, Prime Diabata, Prime Naka, Vera, Prime Te Huna

Shogun has one of ths most under rated wins list in MMA. Wins>>>>losses. You remember a great for his wins NOT his losses. Losses are irrelevant.

Shogun at his best and healthy was simply one of the grestest fighters MMA had ever seen. His record and high light reels still speak for itself however. Shogun is easily one of the greatest of all time. Healthy Shogun at his best is still my LHW GOAT. All in all, hes still widely regarded as the #2 LHW GOAT (only behind Jones)

Last edited:
Oh i wish ... but that Shogun is not coming back. He looked mediocre against a really bad opponent last night. Not shitting on diet Nog, he is a legend, but he is so deteriorated that last night should have been an easy win for Rua.

I miss Shogun...

Nog isn't a bad opponent, people act like he's terrible because he got taken out early by AJ but he was able to beat Rashad and he doesn't have the mileage that Big Nog has

Last edited:
I would agree he looked technically better than he has for awhile but the issue is that Cordeiro can't do anything about Shogun's messed up knees and general decline in speed with age/punishment.

You look at the classic Cordeiro Shogun vs Chuck and Machida twice and what made him so dangerous was just how quick he was, a lot of his defence and offence depended on being able to move forwards and backwards very rapidly in a fashion he just hasn't been able to since that 3rd ACL surgery(and its progressively gotten worse since then albeit not as quickly). What you could say spose is that Cordeiro seems to have him fighting a bit more to his current level physically.

I think a Cordeiro Shogun could potentially go on a good run vs top 10-15 level opponents but would have trouble vs any of the top guys(Jones, Comrier, Gus, Rumble) who are still in their prime years.

Shogun looked better then ever technically. I was very impressed. It actually suprised me

Shogun's knees clearly didnt hold him back last night. He was fast, moved well.

His punches didnt have as much sting on them as usual for sone reason, BUT other then that Shogun looked great. Im excitied to see where this goes.

I think Shogun recieved stem cell injections to his knee and thats why he has a new bounce to his step.

People are letting past preconceived notions blind them. I judge performance by performance. Other then getting caught Shogun was pretty much flawless against Nog and Nog didnt look like no zombie. That looked like the same Nog who schooled Rashad. Good win for Shogun. Cordero did a lot of good things for Shogun's game. Skills pay the bills so Im happy to see Shogun evolved his skills. Even if Shogun's knee fails him, the skill will make the difference. Im just excitied to see where this goes. Amazing what Rafeal Cordero did with Shogun and what he has done for Werdum and RDA

No.

7-8 record in the UFC.

Who cares what his record is. He was a champion in the UFC, and has arguably two wins over a Prime Machida. 205 is a lion's den. If he was here when Tito, Vitor Couture and Liddell were at the top he would have been the longest reigning champion.

Honestly can't see Shogun winning a rematch now.

Rampage is still a solid fighter at LHW, even if he's slowed down.

No.

7-8 record in the UFC.

lol haters gonna hate

ShogunGrandPrixTrophy_crop_north.jpg

mauricioshogunrua.jpg

7694d79c8ec6319e4328bce370b40ff9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back