Shogun vs Tito Ortiz. Thoughts?

Prime Shogun struggled mightily vs and Old Coleman in UFC and lost in Pride to a bit younger but still old Coleman then he got owned in the first round by a MW wrestler in Sonnen.

Shogun has never been good against wrestlers in his prime nor out of his prime.

You can love Pride all you want but Tito takes it.... easily.

Prime Shogun struggled mightily vs and Old Coleman in UFC and lost in Pride to a bit younger but still old Coleman then he got owned in the first round by a MW wrestler in Sonnen.

Shogun has never been good against wrestlers in his prime nor out of his prime.

You can love Pride all you want but Tito takes it.... easily.
loool Shogun was not in his prime against Coleman, and pride was the shitt.
Chuck liddel was the Ufc Champion, went to pride and lost to Rampage ;)

If Chael can submit him I have faith in Tito, Tito is a lot better than people give him credit for.

Considering that he almost tapped Machida and that old man Coleman was on route to decisioning him, it is not unfathomable that Tito could have topped Shogun.

Interesting fight both in their primes and out.

I feel Tito takes it as long as he can take Shogun down.

Double ko when Tito's head spontaneously explodes and Shogun falls to the floor clutching his knees.

Would watch too.

Kind of a toss up. But I would put my money on Shogun if they fought now.

loool Shogun was not in his prime against Coleman, and pride was the shitt.
Chuck liddel was the Ufc Champion, went to pride and lost to Rampage ;)

What does Liddell and Rampage have to do with Tito and Shogun?

Shogun by default, Tito's huge neck would be hurt by fight night.

Prime healthy Tito vs. Prime healthy Shogun... Who knows? Tito could fuck Shogun up and finish him in his guard if able to get him down. And Shogun could wreck Tito in the plum or just striking. An interesting match up based on when.

Shogun cracks Tito's skull for real this time

I'm not sure. Shogun struggles dealing with takedowns and gasses on bottom sometimes, although it's usually to bigger dudes. I don't remember Titos size in comparison to shogun. However, I can't help but think that one nasty body kick from shogun would really fuck Tito up. He doesn't handle body shots well!!

At this point I wouldn't be shocked to see Tito keep him on his back. Hopefully not a fight we ever see.

Its depressing to even think about this fight at this point..

But i'd honestly have to pick Tito, and i can't stand him.

Bull shit, Prime Tito would have dragged his ass to the ground and GnP him.

You're living in denial. Tito wasn't on Shogun's level at all. Shogun stomped Arona brutally. Tito would get crushed. In their primes Shogun was way ahead and today washed up Shogun is nowhere near as awful as Tito.

Back