Shogun vs Henderson

I was at that event. We were on our feet the whole fight.

IIRC Henderson was supposed to fight Jones for that event. Definitely made up for that fight falling through.

One of the greatest fights of all time, Shogun was definitely robbed of a draw but I don't think anyone holds that "loss" against him. There are fights like Francis/Black Beast where both fighters and every fan tuning in loses. We all won after Shogun/Hendo.

so tonight I catch the replay of this fight. Felt like I was watching a rocky movie. They beat the shit out of each other.

fight was a draw all hendo did in the 5th round was not get ko;ed

this is the goat fight not that joke conor vs daiz 1 the fans voted.

Should've been a draw. Every round PED Henderson won, Shogun hit him too. 10 -9s. That last round was all Shogun. Anyway, stupid of Shogun to accept a rematch with or Chael (i forgot which one it was ) when TRT was about to get banned one month later.

yup all hendo did in the 5th round was do enough to not get the ref to stop the fight. biggest example of a 10-8 round ever.

One of the biggest robberies in the history of the sport, is that fight not being scored a draw.

It would have made the fight that much better in hindsight, would have made the rematch better, and would have been more fair to Shogun. He earned it.

Arguably the greatest fight of all time. The Gatti/Ward of MMA.

not the greatest you see ross pearson vs deigo.

I hope this fight always stays on peoples minds as one of the greatest fights ever, it’s violence incarnate. MMA fans have such short memories that I hope it’s not forgotten in 20 years.

yup all hendo did in the 5th round was do enough to not get the ref to stop the fight. biggest example of a 10-8 round ever.

winning that fight got hendo the fight vs jones at ufc 151. to bad hendo never got that shot but maybe it good since jones would of killed hendo

I hope this fight always stays on peoples minds as one of the greatest fights ever, it’s violence incarnate. MMA fans have such short memories that I hope it’s not forgotten in 20 years.

already do since since so called fans voted conor vs nate 1 as goat fight.

already do since since so called fans voted conor vs nate 1 as goat fight.
That was a good fight but not the 5 round war that Hendo Shogun was. You can literally see years being shaved off of each mans life during the course of the fight. I would put Rory and Lawler of the Conor Diaz fight.

Last edited:
I was looking through channels earlier and saw this fight was on. When it first was shown, I was at work. Everybody in the house stopped what they were doing and watched it all the way through. There were ooh’s and ahh’s, both fighters made fans that night. The worst thing about it though is that all those fans that were gained that night are probably not watching anymore. Can’t blame them though. It’s become a shit show lately

That was a good fight but not the 3 round war that Hendo Shogun was. You can literally see years being shaved off of each mans life during the course of the fight. I would put Rory and Lawler of the Conor Diaz fight.

u mean 5 rounds.

It was extremely special moment in the history of MMA.

2 Legends who both happened to be peaking at the right time. The way they match up, and their overall attributes made it one of the most compelling displays of sport any will ever see. It honestly seemed like a death match.

The downside is that both of them were never the same after that fight.

Back