Shogun vs Henderson

Shonuffbrad

Lead farmer
@Green
Reaction score
so tonight I catch the replay of this fight. Felt like I was watching a rocky movie. They beat the shit out of each other.

pride-never-die.jpg

Should have been a draw. Ruined otherwise what was an epic fight.

I remember that entire event being one of the most entertaining cards ever.

Should've been a draw. Every round PED Henderson won, Shogun hit him too. 10 -9s. That last round was all Shogun. Anyway, stupid of Shogun to accept a rematch with or Chael (i forgot which one it was ) when TRT was about to get banned one month later.

One of the biggest robberies in the history of the sport, is that fight not being scored a draw.

It would have made the fight that much better in hindsight, would have made the rematch better, and would have been more fair to Shogun. He earned it.

Arguably the greatest fight of all time. The Gatti/Ward of MMA.

There was no loser in that fight. Should have been a draw. Show that fight to anyone and they’ll either become an instant fan or be disgusted that mma is a sport lol

What a war.

One of the biggest robberies in the history of the sport, is that fight not being scored a draw.
Mate im not arguing that it couldn't have been a draw, but there is certainly also an argument that it was scored correctly. Hardly fits the criteria for one of the biggest robberies in the history of the sport.

Mate im not arguing that it couldn't have been a draw, but there is certainly also an argument that it was scored correctly. Hardly fits the criteria for one of the biggest robberies in the history of the sport.

If having full mount and reigning down punches the entire time on a complete spent and helpless opponent isnt a 10-8 I'd be hard pressed to say what is

If having full mount and reigning down punches the entire time on a complete spent and helpless opponent isnt a 10-8 I'd be hard pressed to say what is

He out landed Hendo 79-8 in that round......had one take down that he kept for the whole round and passed guard 6 times. That is as clear of a 10-8 round as it gets...yes

Fight should have been a draw. I'm a big Hendo fan, but he's definitely had his fair of controversial decisions go his way.

Back