shogun vs dc would have been more competitive?

I think Shogun would have been a bigger threat on the feet, but I don't think he would've shown anything, as DC would take him down and probably sub him.

That's where you're wrong cause there are many fans that are not shogun fans that would agree he would do better.

Wrestling means nothing in this fight to shogun. He could train for 2 years non stop and would still get takedown down, the point is that he is better of his back with his bjj then hendo is....wrestling is not the point here, it's overall grappling and bjj. Shogun I would think would have big problems with a guy like Cormier on top, but at the least he would work for subs, sweeps etc more then hendo. Hendo's game of his back is his biggest weakness.

And standing he's more of a threat then hendo was to Cormier. And if you've payed attention the past 10 years, you could see shogun has pretty good offensive wrestling, it's his defensive that is weak. Would he out wrestle Cormier?? No...no....but I'm just cleaning up your comment.

Cormier IMO wins a decision here unless shogun knocks him out or catches submission.

Yea yea leading up to the Jon Jones fight all I heard about was Shogun's amazing sweeps and super leg locks. How he will immediately sweep Jones cause he has little BJJ experience, and leg lock him or just kick his tiny chicken legs to death.

He couldn't against Jones and he certainly wouldn't against a much bigger and possibly better wrestler in Daniel Cormier.

It's shoguns counter punching ability that would be more beneficial in this fight then moving forward.

So what's your answer to the question then?? You only said how the fight would go.

Cormier isn't going to jump in a with a uppercut while leaving himself open and isn't going to flurry Shogun against the cage ala Te Huna and Hendo.

The Shogun of the last few years gets dominated handily.

Yea yea leading up to the Jon Jones fight all I heard about was Shogun's amazing sweeps and super leg locks. How he will immediately sweep Jones cause he has little BJJ experience, and leg lock him or just kick his tiny chicken legs to death.

He couldn't against Jones and he certainly wouldn't against a much bigger and possibly better wrestler in Daniel Cormier.

I would say so as well....but fact remains he has the better game to attempt that and make the fight more competitive.

It's like gsp vs Alves and Diaz.....both Diaz and Alves got controlled and out wrestled on the ground. But at the least nick was active in the grappling and making gsp work more while he attempted things of his back.

Cormier isn't going to jump in a with a uppercut while leaving himself open and isn't going to flurry Shogun against the cage.

Cormier has before many times, watch his fights at hw

Point is shogun would have a better chance with this part of his fame then attacking

Why do people still make it as though Shogun is some brilliant technical striker? I agree he is extremely tough and hits hard but is generally only effective in a sloppy brawl when both fighters are gassed. I give him credit for greatly improving his striking since pride but he still is not particularly refined let alone be lacks quickness. DC has some of the highest fight iq in the game and would never allow the fight to go in any way that would even allow Shogun a chance, such as a wild sloppy brawl.

Last time Shogun fought a wrestler he got choked out in 1st round. The only person I want to see Shogun fight next is Teixeira.....or maybe Lil Nog.....Shogun got out everything'd by Sonnen...a hungry beast like Cormier molests Shogun at this respective stage in each of their careers....

Shogun has NEVER been controlled, by anyone, ever.

"I guess some people here have short memories...... let me refresh it for you"

7586418.jpg

Last edited:
He would've slammed Shogun like 7 times. You ever see Lions devouring prey. That's what would've happened

It would be exactly the same. DC is huge with a lightening quick an technical wrestling game. DC looked like The Flash compared to Hendo. Shogun has a chance on the feet but that's about it.

Shogun has a better uppercut and halfguard. But his sweeps are already known. They will be nullifies by dc. However he did trash arona

All data point to him getting Ragdolled I'm afraid.

DC is TOOO STRONG at 205.

His athleticism is also superior to everyone. He technical and moves like a freaking animal.

Cormier would have Batista Bomb'd Shogun into a TKO.

Shogun would have got thrown out of the cage literally

What kind of sick fuck would actually suggest a matchup like this?

Are Shogun "fans" that sadistic to suggest such a thing

The Man deserves better "fans" than that

Let the man recover and put him up against someone like....Manuwa, Lil Nog (if he ever recovers)

I love Shogun, but no, DC would have rag dolled him and smashed him.

some people(excuse me, a person to be exact) act like shogun has a weapon to tool Cormier off of his back.

Josh Barnett has a good submission catch and he's heavy.

Got ragdolled

Jeff Monson has a quite a Background and career that stands up for his grappling

Got ragdolled

Soa Palelei has a good top game, good defense from the bottom, heavy as Mark Hunt

Got ragdolled

Patrick Cummins had a wrestling background that a lot of top UFC wrestlers would beg to get

Got ragdolled

Antonio Silva is a hard man to put down and harder man when he is down.

Got ragdolled

Even if Shogun does have quite a ground game,

He would get ragdolled via clinch game and would get traiilmarks on his back and warts under his armpits.

Never mind the takedown game that would throw him off here and there :)

Last edited:
Shogun would have been ragdolled even worse.

Back