shogun vs dc would have been more competitive?

Jones =/= DC

DC controls far better

Shogun has NEVER been controlled, by anyone, ever. This is true, and to assume DC would is unfounded, considering Shogun has controlled Hendo on the ground, and even Jake Shields went to a ground control UD against Hendo.

DC vs. Feijao (the original match up) would've been way more competitive. Feijao actually had the potential to force DC to strike.

Shogun fan here, and no, not a chance. I think people don't realize how much Hendo was actually doing on the bottom. His constant hip escapes would have got him away from most anyone else. Cormier is so quick and balanced, and tireless. He is a wrestling version of Fedor on the mat... which means he's superior in positions and inferior in submissions.

Shogun would have been finished, too, and the fight would have looked similar. Shogun looked terrible against Dan in my eyes... they both looked really predictable, actually. With their chins and power, anytime those two fight, its really just going to be a matter of if/when the ref decides to stop it - because its likely they drop each other multiple times in any round they're in against each other.

Anyways - Cormier is better than people are thinking - I am curious to see is Jones can manage much counterattack if its on the ground...... hard to see anyone else having much luck.... that Cuban wrestler is a 185r, ya?

Where does this Hendo is a great wrestler come from? He got fucking owned by a welterweight. Oh he became a better wrestler after the Shields fight? Got it.

Normally I would agree.

But after I watched him fight Sonnen, and not be able to move at all, I'm convinced he's just damaged goods, and isn't physically capable of doing much of what he was once capable of.

There is not a fucking chance in hell Sonnen would have been able to keep Shogun down in round 1 a few years ago.

Shogun got up from under Chael and took him down himself. The clinch was very active from both fighters. Sure it was a first round finish, but he wasn't getting pummeled from the bottom.

Dont care what anyone says dc v shogun would of been more competitive. Hendo was getting rag dolled it seemed as if dc was even holding back after the inital slam.

Shogun got up from under Chael and took him down himself. The clinch was very active from both fighters. Sure it was a first round finish, but he wasn't getting pummeled from the bottom.

*Took him down and immediately got reversed*

Fixed it for ya. Not sure why people ever mention that someone got taken down without mentioning that they got immediately reversed afterwards. The TD means nothing if it didn't lead to a position of control for the person who landed it.

i think so

...well shogun would have had an extra 7lbs of love handle to work with, but no.. dc probably wouldve done the same.. cormier WAS having nothing to do with hendos stand up though, so if shogun rocked him you never know

Shogun has NEVER been controlled, by anyone, ever. This is true, and to assume DC would is unfounded, considering Shogun has controlled Hendo on the ground, and even Jake Shields went to a ground control UD against Hendo.

And? Has nothing to do with what we're talking about. DC would handle Shogun easily on the ground.

Shogun can beat Cormier. Leg kicks central or submission off his back. I have a feeling they will fight down the line. Hendo looked terrible and really needs to retire.

Shogun can beat Cormier. Leg kicks central or submission off his back. I have a feeling they will fight down the line. Hendo looked terrible and really needs to retire.

Shogun has shown a submission game exactly 1 time in 31 fights. Not sure why you guy continually call for Shogun by submission when the stat's prove that that's not even remotely likely.

Shogun winning by submission against anyone is a bigger upset than Dillashaw dominating Barao yet it's called for constantly around here. Wake up and smell the coffee, his leg locks go absolutely nowhere.

Maybe, maybe not. In the end I don't think either stands a chance against DC right now.

No.

Would like to see him fight Rashad, though.

Nope. DC would have ragdolled Shogun as well.

shogun would have been a tougher match-up, but by how much? not much, i would think.

Back