Shogun (that beat Machida) vs Weidman (that beat Silva): Who wins?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Shogun circa 2009 - 2010 vs Weidman circa 2013 -2014: who takes it at MW and/or LHW?

Weidman via Shogun's almost non-existent takedown defense

Gotta go with Weidman I think he could stand with him decently and takes him down throughout the fight

That depends, Lazy shogun would probably lose. Killer Shogun would rip off weidmans head.

I think it would be similar to Shogun Hendo 1

Except Shogun scores a late KO, as Weidman doenst have Hendo;s chin

Dan_Henderson-Anyweight-Anytime.jpg

Weidman I should think
Close decision,
I think he'd have to grind it out though

Gotta go with Weidman I think he could stand with him decently and takes him down throughout the fight

You think Weidman could stand decently with Prime Shogun? I think he gets hurt pretty bad trying to stand with Shogun.

I'd go with Shogun. He wins on the feat and has a chance to sub if it goes to the ground. Very close call though.

Imma get flamed for saying this but Silvas stand up wasn't as great as it was made out to be once figured out and with threat of wrestling. Shogun don't give a fuck about wrestling and would brawl with Weedman. On paper Weedman grinds him out but I'm not sure now that I think about it. I mean Chael was flukish and Shogun lost to a bunch of roiders in PED Henderson, Chael Steroid and Estrojones.

I'll take shogun. I like him in the stand up and should he secure a takedown into a dominant top position I think he fucks Chris up. He TDD (or lack thereof) is the only thing that scares me. There are few people I pick against an "A game" Shogun. 2005 Shogun murders the Chris if we're talking prime.

Shogun stomps his head in. Specially if it's chicken leg USADA Chris.
OP even says in the fucking thread title that it isn't usada weidman. He's talking about the weidman that beat Silva against 2009 shogun, & since weidman has great wrestling I gotta go with him.

The Shogun that beat Machida still didn't have good TDD.. Weidman would UD his ass.

I'll take shogun. I like him in the stand up and should he secure a takedown into a dominant top position I think he fucks Chris up. He TDD (or lack thereof) is the only thing that scares me. There are few people I pick against an "A game" Shogun. 2005 Shogun murders the Chris if we're talking prime.

Yeah Prime Shogun sweeps and GnP's Weidman into oblivion
People forgot that aside from the Rampage fight he made his money taking dudes down, or sweeping guys and ruining their days

OP even says in the fucking thread title that it isn't usada weidman. He's talking about the weidman that beat Silva against 2009 shogun, & since weidman has great wrestling I gotta go with him.
..And I'm saying he beats both.

Yeah Prime Shogun sweeps and GnP's Weidman into oblivion
People forgot that aside from the Rampage fight he made his money taking dudes down, or sweeping guys and ruining their days
Prime Shogun was an absolute killer. Well rounded highlight reel. He gets shit on constantly by the kids who missed PRIDE simply because they have no idea what he was prior to the UFC and injuries.

2010 Shogun? Probably Weidman. 2005, pre-knee injuries Shogun? He probably wrecks Weidman inside four minutes.

Blitz followed by soccer kicks and stomps until the ref steps in.

Weidman is a great fighter, but not some kind of martial arts god despite what people on here think. No LHW would likely defeat 2005 Shogun with the exception of Jones himself - let alone a MW.

You guys are delusional. Weidman takes him down easily. Shogun isn't hitting that same sweep he always does either, as Chris is much stronger and better on the ground. Shogun gets beat up pretty bad in this fight

Back