Shogun Should Train with Phil Davis

to be honest Phil davis isnt a god wrestling teacher. Gus is just an amazing learner

No offence, but how could you come to this conclusion?

Not saying it's wrong but seems like you'd need some inside information.

People keep acting like it was a few months with Phil Davis that did the trick when from what hear it's the fact that Gustaffson wrestles every day in Sweden with a very good multiple time world medalist, and now head coach of Norway's Olympic wrestling team at the young age of 33.

If it's true what you say then why the f would he train with phil davis....for sure a multiple time world medalist would be much better than Phil davis.... doens't make sense

I like Davis, but i also believe that he is not the defining reason why Gus had such great wrestling.
Yes he is part of it like any training partner would be, but it seems to be a little overstated.

In saying that, it couldn't hurt....but i wouldn't deem it much of a priority for Shogun.

If it's true what you say then why the f would he train with phil davis....for sure a multiple time world medalist would be much better than Phil davis.... doens't make sense

Gustafsson finishes his camps at Alliance mainly because he gets better and more diverse sparring (according to him). Phil Davis is also obviously better at the complete facets of MMA (than Lidberg) and a great training partner for Gus. Moreover, Gus seem to like the additional benefits they get from including another coach such as Delfiero.

With that said, Gustafsson spends the majority of his training in Sweden. He answered a Swedish interview and said he had only spent in total of 10 weeks or so at Alliance (like all in all). I

Last edited:
Shogun is a spent force, yo. Don't see him beating anyone in the top 5 anymore.

shogun needs more than help with wrestling

Yes, why train with another top 10 LHW, there can surely be no benefits of that.

Yes, why train with another top 10 LHW, there can surely be no benefits of that.

Now that you mention that I wonder how much of rashad's decline is due to not having Jon Jones as his training partner anymore

i honestly dont think theres much shogun can do at this point to improve his career. all those wars hes been threw took their toll. and knee operations. im a big shogun fan and wish he would show up better in his fights, but motivation might be an issue too right now. hes accomplished so much what motivates him now?

Gus went to phil to train tdd for acwrestler. And not only showed incredibly improved tdd, but took him down too.

Shogun trained with freddy roach to prepare for chael who is wrestling based b smart move -.-

Being a big fan of shogun I don't see how this will help him past wars are catching up to him and his cardio has never been anything to brag about I feel and it hurts me to say shogun is gonna need trt to stay competitive and if that happens I'm not sure how I would feel about it

I can't be the only Shogun fan who was thinking this during the fight.

mauricio-shogun-rua-7_display_image.jpg

Discuss.

If Phil Davis has the secret to giving him good kness, he should quit fighting and just make millions teaching seniors how to make their knees 100% again. :p

Shogun and Wand are done, dude. It's over.

War Shogun

BUT his knees are bad and he would gas really quick.

His knees are shot. I don't think training with Phil is going to change the condition of his knees.

People keep acting like it was a few months with Phil Davis that did the trick when from what hear it's the fact that Gustaffson wrestles every day in Sweden with a very good multiple time world medalist, and now head coach of Norway's Olympic wrestling team at the young age of 33.

You just hate Phil.

I can't be the only Shogun fan who was thinking this during the fight.

mauricio-shogun-rua-7_display_image.jpg

Discuss.

It certainly wouldn't hurt, but it should be pointed out that Gus and Phil have been each others Main training partner for the last three years. So Gus has been working hard on his Grappling/Wrestling with Phil Davis for three years now

Back