Shogun Rua's best victory?

The Arona victory. Not only did he avenge his teamate Wanderlei Silva's loss to Arona that night when he KOd Arona, but he did it after KOing Overeem.

I think you can make a argument for arona rampage and machida for his biggest win cus each were relevant and those fighters were in their primes

Got to be Machida. Machida was regarded as unbeatable until the shogun fights

Depends. He had a stupendous run in PRIDE, as many have said defeating Rampage and Arona was huge.

In the UFC and possibly overall it was beating Machida. Machida was the unsolvable puzzle, and Shogun made him look human in the first fight, and his icing of Machida in the second fight was shocking. It pains me to say that as a big Machida fan, but it's true. These boards blew up.

First fight with Machida, even though he lost. Machida was at 1 time somewhat like Fedor and Jon Jones. Machida was getting there but Shogun came back from the dead and beat Machida twice. I loved it but at the same time felt bad for Machida. It wasn't just Shogun that ruined Machida's epic legacy, Jon Jones came right after Shogun made his comeback. Poor Machida.

I think it has to be the Machida fight. Knocking out an undefeated Dragon. It was really huge when it happened. It really felt like it meant something.

Slaying the Dragon.

The Chuck or Machida KOs

It was. Do not believe anyone else. I was there. He won. The Internet is full of lies.

Text book draw. The fact that not one judge gave Shogun a 10-8 round 5 was an absolute farce.

Hard to say but I think either Jackson or Machida. The Jackson win really put him on the map, but his performances against Machida shocked everyone. He ended "the Machida era" pretty damn quick.
From what I hear the Chute Box guys were just too roiugh in their training. Hence a guy like Shogun looking way past his prime at a young age.

So many great ones. In the UFC I loved the Coleman II fight, a real struggle for both and for Shogun a bit of a "comeback" from his knee surgery. Of course his win over Chuck, and his 2 fights vs. Machida.

Shogun - Hendo. Sure he lost but that fight is iconic. It's up there with my favourite all time moments. Damn I miss seeing him fight in his BadBoy Vale Tudor shorts.

Back