Shogun Rua is Back!!!

I'm so happy...WAR SHOGUN

Look at the plays LOOK AT THE MOVES - SHOGUN WHAT WAS THAT!?

I am a great fan if them...but He and both nogs sud retire...

He looked very good movement wise and overall his shape was good. Aside from that one shot behind the ear he didnt take take much and overall fought very well.

As for being?? He looked better no question in every way but lets take it one fight at a time.

No, just no. This gets said every single time he wins a fight and then its back to "his knees are done, loss doesn't count" every time he loses.

His kicks looked really good at least he still has those. Was very surprised to see him shooting for takedowns and trying to push Nog against the fence instead of going for the thai plum

Hard to Thai plum someone who's a few inches taller than you. He didn't do it in their first fight either

I think big foot silva is more "back" than him

It's more that they were both bad as oppose to one being good. I think this is a perfect retirement for Shogun.

He looked very good movement wise and overall his shape was good. Aside from that one shot behind the ear he didnt take take much and overall fought very well.

As for being?? He looked better no question in every way but lets take it one fight at a time.

This. If they don't rush him into too big of fights right off the bat I think he could get some more back with 2 more camps w Rafael & Kings.

Shogun vs Rashad needs to happen before he can retire.

I can't go through with this again. Even if it's for fun. My heart just can't take it anymore.

That's a terrible match up.

I don't want to watch Shogun get wrestle fucked for 3-5 rounds.

I hope he stays at LHW and Shogun/Page II in Japan or Brazil is next if he's healthy.

He was almost put away by a blind guy pushing 60

No way he's back. Him and Lil Nog looked like they were fighting in slow motion. It sucks that Shogun hasn't been the same since the second Machida fight but that's how it is.

I'm at the point now where I have completely come to terms with the fact that Shogun hasn't been truly great since his unreal 2005 year. His only big win since then has been Lyoto, and that was, in my opinion, primarily due to a stylistic advantage. He's my second-favorite fighter ever after Fedor, but bad training camps, bad coaching, injuries, a mediocre switch to the cage/unified rules, poor game planning, and excessive punishment have dampened his career significantly. Still top-3 all-time at LHW, but thinking about what his career could have been makes the reality of the last ten years incredibly painful for me.

He and Nog looked like shells of their former selves tonight. It was awesome to see his hand raised again, but it was incredibly awkward to watch the fight itself. It looked like their first fight in half-speed mode. I hope he retires with his brain cells intact and enjoys his life after going down as one of the best fighters in LHW history.

He looked better and wasn't getting caught as much but he still has a fair amount of work to do. Give him Cummings to see if he can handle a wrestler who will push his cardio or Manuwa if he doesn't die from the beating Rumble is going to put on him next.

Back