Shogun refuses to put down gloves: retirement talks

Should shogun finish his contract and fight 3 more?

• Total voters
MMA is due it's first set of brain dead veterans.

Shogun begging for permenant brain damage.

MMA is due it's first set of brain dead veterans.

Shogun begging for permenant brain damage.
Yeah it's unfortunate because he is one of the staples of the UFC from pride. I mean where you think about the other guys like chuck, rampage, wanderlai. He's been the most active since the move and already had a lot of mileage. And his fights have not been clean

No more UFC...If he wants to go to Bellator or Japan that's different. These veterans all deserve a proper send off. Against young lions they just can't cut it.

Let him decide. Rogan retired a HW going nowhere in his prime via verbal stoppage without a fight. I've never seen that before.

Its your money. Use it when u need it. Jg wentworth 877 cash now

Let him decide. Rogan retired a HW going nowhere in his prime via verbal stoppage without a fight. I've never seen that before.
Lol the talk with Schaub. Honestly it should have been Schaubs choice but Rogan was willing to help Brendan out. He told him he can make money other ways via podcast. Stand up shows, etc. Then when UFC pulled sponsorship thanks to Reebok it was an easy decision to Schaub.

He was 1 win away from a possible title shot (preposterous suggestion) and now after 1 loss there’s retirement suggestions. That’s more like it.

Imagine if Anthony Smith hadn't wrecked Rashad and Shogun we could have got Shogun/Rashad which would have been a fun fight for the twilight of their careers. Instead they're forcefed to Lionheart as a sacrifice for whatever crimes they must've committed against the Just Bleed God.

He is a "grown adult" - as Joe Rogan would put it - he can and should do whatever he wants.

If he does not care about whether he will become a confused and disoriented drooling idiot, why should you?

This guy grew up dirt poor and probably pulls in 200-400k per fight still. Hard to turn that down
Quite the opposite. Shogun came from money.

If he fights because of the money he made some terrible decisions.

Quite the opposite. Shogun came from money.

If he fights because of the money he made some terrible decisions.
Some people just like that storyline for him.
Shogun had a comfortable life he's no big nog

I mean it's not THAT bad. He did beat top 3 Corey Anderson two fights ago.

Give him 3 easy fights and send him on his way. He must, himself realize he has little left at this point

Back