Shogun refuses to put down gloves: retirement talks

Should shogun finish his contract and fight 3 more?

• Total voters
He should've retired years ago. Go back and watch the Hendo fights and realize this guy is still fighting. He might be the most brain damaged fighter on the roster right now.

He should retire right now.

I raise you an Alistair Overeem

I'm not sure what his options are but fighting probably pays better. Brain cells are a small price to pay when ya got a family to feed. A lot of these fighters don't have much else to fall back on and fighting is in their blood. Live by the sword.

So what kind of price tag would you put on this?

Not everyone's affected the same. There are hundreds of examples of fighters that didn't turn out that way, but again it's their life.

Shogun is still young enough let him fight, let him fight

Fuck it.

If he wants to fight, give him Gokhan Saki.

Fighters should only retire when they are dead.

What's scary is that people were talking about Shogun being in contention for a title shot before the Smith fight. If Smith did that to Shogun then imagine what DC would have done to him. But Shogun can still beat up cans, which is predominantly what the LHW division consists of, and he was on a three fight win streak before Smith pummeled him like an old carpet that needed a cleaning.

I love Shogun, but it's time. It's painful seeing him lose to guys he would have mopped the floor with at one point in his career. He's got nothing left to prove. He should enjoy his legend status and move on.

He really needs to retire. His opponents are now finishing him so quickly he doesn't even have the chance to tap to strikes anymore.

I love watching Shogun get KOd.

So bring it on.

I would like to see Shogun fight 1 more time against a somewhat decent opponent and go out on a win.

I love watching Shogun get KOd.

So bring it on.
how anyone can dislike a warrior like Shogun is beyond me. cant come up with a single reason to hate on one of the biggest legends of our sport tbh.

Back