Shogun refuses to put down gloves: retirement talks

Should shogun finish his contract and fight 3 more?

• Total voters
LOVE IT, more salty Pride fanboy tears and KTFO shoop templates for me! The problem with the UFC is they will not allow aging "legends" to repeatedly get KTFO, at some point they'll be forced to retire. That's WRONG, if you're a legend you've earned the right to get KTFO as many times as you want, I mean okay maybe not 50 times because then you'd actually die but at least 10 times in a row.

Fight 3 more.

There's no way Shogun would be happy to see the Smith fight being his last outing.

I thought he should have retired before the vs. Volkan announcement, but now that the Smith fight happened, I don't want to see him go out like that.

LOVE IT, more salty Pride fanboy tears and KTFO shoop templates for me! The problem with the UFC is they will not allow aging "legends" to repeatedly get KTFO, at some point they'll be forced to retire. That's WRONG, if you're a legend you've earned the right to get KTFO as many times as you want, I mean okay maybe not 50 times because then you'd actually die but at least 10 times in a row.

<mma4>

I enjoy watching him get KTFO so this doesn’t bother me.

shogun will fight until his 40s ... and that is a big mistake

I think that makes sense.....he's got 3 fights left and he will retire. Good thing is that he's got it in sight and talking about it. A few more fights, makes some extra cash for this future, I mean a few hundred grand a fight wont hurt and hopefully get a few Ws to end it.

Doesn't want to retire but also doesn't want to make the necessary adjustments to his game and is too lazy to drop divisions even though he isn't that old. Signs show he just wants to show up for the paychecks.

One more fight please, ride off like the pimp that he is.

If they allow him to fight female strawweights who don't hit too hard, then I don't mind if he fights more. He won't have to suffer any more brain damage and he will help to eliminate some of the WMMA roster. Win win.

Don't worry, he was just in a 3-fight win streak prior to his fight with Smith, so that means he still has enough in the tank to compete at a high level and maybe even challenge for the belt.

Amirite, Shogun fans?

I hate you.

Did rashad retire?

Shogun vs rashad as a retirement fight would be good.

That's the thing there are no bums in the UFC anymore. Everybody he faces is going to want to take his head off because of his name. If he wants to fight bums he should do it in another organization.
Pat Cummings, Nogueira, Teixeira there's 3 bums who can't take his head off.

Fighting is fine just needs to accept he isn't going to make s title run. Just fight some cans and has beens

Big Shogun fan here, im torn when i think about this question. The guy is a true warrior in there but i wish he would retire for his long term health. Don't wanna see a good guy like him finish like Mohammad Ali.

I voted no sadly. Do once a year fights on Rizin.

Even Bellator Kickboxing would be good for him.

No matter what his closest friends and family say or what happens in the UFC... there will be enablers in Bellator to ensure he takes an incredibly unhealthy amount of damage for years to come. Shit they probably already have the contract made up with TBD's for the dates.

PleasantBowedAmericanbulldog-size_restricted.gif

Shogun needs to hang it up. Now.

Love Shogun but I'd like to see him retire although he also has to feed his family. Not sure what other sources of income he's getting but 200k / 200k isn't much when you're getting ktfo and only getting half of that BEFORE taxes. I completely get why Reem's sticking around though. He's getting 800k flat. I'd fight any HW with no training camp and after a 3 day coke binge for that amount.

he fights once a year ugh no just give him like 1 million bucks rip up his contract and let him ride off into the sunset

Back